Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference in cost between these two air box mods and is there any preference when it come to performance.

It looks like Speedwerx wins for ease of installation...any input.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Both will give the similar HP increases, but the SpeedWerx seems to have a better fit & finish, seems more robust. Although, I think that the SpeedWerx is a little more expensive; but, you can sell it on eBay when you sell your sled. You can't really sell the D&D, since you have to drill holes... it's more permanent.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I too like the looks of the speedwerx but I am a little concerned about how much air is going to flow. I decided to go with the bullseyes and install the 4. Has anyone ever tested these 2 different kinds with just some kind of airflow meter? Here are some pic's of the two. When the speedwerx is installed you can see clean right through the other side of the airbox. I would bet that it would draw mabye 1/3 more air then the bullseyes but that is just my guess. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Speedworx is the way to go. The install is very slick-looks factory. You don't have to butcher your air box and you can put your sled back to stock if necessary. :banana: It made a huge difference on my sled. Went from running like a POS and missing to pulling smooth. Maybe our thinner atmosphere at 2500' makes a stock choked off Cat run worse. Maybe Cat slipped me a rich computer after seizing my motor? Anyway mine would not even run stock.

·
Registered
946 Posts
There equal in performance I would think, but I would go with Speedwerx at this time. With the letter Cat sent out about aftermarket parts, you cant hide the fact if you use the D&D Bullseyes. I would think D&D would have something like the speedwerx air flow soon as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Although this may be old info now, I e-mailed speedwerx I believe in October and they said more fuel would have to be added i.e. boondocker or the like so I never proceeded with either mod. I really don't want too screw around with fuel flow. or another words I bailed! I would be interested to know as well about the y-pipe and speedwerx intake because it is a much cleaner looking install, I am still on the fence since the riding season is so short.

·
Registered
123 Posts
So what is the final verdict on adding increased airflow and the aftermarket y-pipe???? Is it safe to add these two items without a Boondocker or isn't it???? Alot of people would like the increased performance but are real leary when it comes to a required fuel flow adjustment.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
So what is the final verdict on adding increased airflow and the aftermarket y-pipe???? Is it safe to add these two items without a Boondocker or isn't it???? Alot of people would like the increased performance but are real leary when it comes to a required fuel flow adjustment.[/b]
I have over 600 miles on my speedwerx high flow intake Y pipe setup. Any more questions? My stock motor seized at 6 miles BTW!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
F-8...PUT IN THE SPEEDWERKS HIGH FLOW LAST NIGHT...EASY INSTALL...FIRST THOUGHT IT WENT ON THE RIGHT SIDE WHEN SITTING ON THE SLED AND REPLACED THE FACTORY INTAKE, THEN REALIZED IT GO'S ON THE LEFT SIDE.
THE INTAKE NOW PULLS AIR FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE SLED.
ANYONE DYNO WHAT JUST ADDING THE HIGHFLO INTAKE AND NOTHING ELSE DOES FOR THE F-8? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
F-8...PUT IN THE SPEEDWERKS HIGH FLOW LAST NIGHT...EASY INSTALL...FIRST THOUGHT IT WENT ON THE RIGHT SIDE WHEN SITTING ON THE SLED AND REPLACED THE FACTORY INTAKE, THEN REALIZED IT GO'S ON THE LEFT SIDE.
THE INTAKE NOW PULLS AIR FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE SLED.
ANYONE DYNO WHAT JUST ADDING THE HIGHFLO INTAKE AND NOTHING ELSE DOES FOR THE F-8? :dunno:[/b]
Not sure on an F8. On an F10 it makes 5hp.

·
Registered
353 Posts
the bullseyes don't allow as much air, more air isnt always a good thing if you lean it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts