Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has a set of bullseye air intakes on thier f7, I've been hearing alot about them but really don't know what they do.....can anyone help me out. Some pictures would be nice and also install time. :wacko:

·
Registered
772 Posts
first off ...forget about the D and D - get the thunder products one through speedwerx..they are little bigger and have a closeable window...and only two to install..with same results...

First off-performance..does nothing..i raced with them open and closed..no difference..

Why buy them??? if u do any sort of poweder riding..and u will find ur "hump" might clog up with snow..and these offer supplimental air flow when that clogs or if it does..for me busting through drifts and crevases..yes they did exactly what i wanted them to do..i tryed them with them closed..and busted through the drift..hump clogged full of snow...and bogged so low it almost killed.....then i opened them up and taped off the front vents to avoid snow comming in to the intakes...and it worked great..no bog no hesitation nothing and the hump was smashed full of snow.. they are worth it for me..because i will be going out west in deep snow and i do alot of off trail riding ..and when the motor bogs..that = no power which = getting stuck!! no good..heres a pic.. took about 30 min to instal..just used a roto zip and cut two holes and filed to fit...once u get hte box off ull see and feel the two chambers on each side..u can see the indentations on the top of the box...stay on the outside of the line and ull be ok hope this helps..!! :wacko:

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
and here is a pic of one with it closed..being able to close them is nice..because if ur gonna ride in super cold weather..u may want to close them to be safe..or if ur just trail riding id keep them closed

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
BFC,

Those look like a very good product. I am surpirsed that there is no gain with them though, because D&D advertised that their bulls eyes add hp. But I like you better because you can close them if you want too, much better product design in my oppinion.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
I agree. I will be buying some of those at Haydays this year for my 02 ZR Sno Pro. I can't stand it when I hit a drift and the nose plugs up.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Not much powder where i live.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Since no one asked here is my opinion on the air intakes. :p First of all whenever a product like this comes out the manufacturer NEVER has hard facts or firm advise for tuning them. So unless you want to read piston wash all day how do you know if you are taking too much air with them. Second, I don't think the EFI in the F7 compensates for the extra VOLUME of air. So in theory this will lean the sled down. For a F5 or 440 you better go back to reading the wash or she'll probably blow on the lake. I agree with Chief for the pow. They would probably work great to keep you from bogging down and when powder riding you probably aren't running WOT enough to burn the motor down from running too lean. This is just my opinion from experience with this type of product. Be your own judge I guess.

Cat S.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I used 6 D&D bulleseyes in my F7 with zero problems. No leaning issues from motor, no problems from powder or snow dust either. However I don't do alot of off trail "Powder Busting". As far as a gain I can't say for sure as I also installed a +3 timing key at the same time. Sled seemed snappier to me. Total cost was 50.00 for both So why not try it ???????????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts