Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out mine is cracked the same on both sides, and flexes alot when I torque the steering post to the left and right, enough to throw my clutches out of alignment. Also where the tunnel connects to it, the rivets are pulled through... is this something that is worth fixing? Been putting alot of time and money into the sled, kind of like it but getting sick of finding out how trashed the chassis is.

I'll try to get some pictures up, really wanna keep riding this winter, but if the best and easiest route would be to part it out and buy a different sled, I'll just have to do that... Just put over 200$ into the handlebars too, lol.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I work at a small engine shop and that seems 2 be a problem on those sleds ive seen 3 or 4 with the same problem... worth fixing if you can do it yourself if not probably not worth it

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Is that something that can be welded ? If you can take it all apart down to where you can get at the joints that need repair and get a good guy to weld it for you, you may be good again for years. Whatever work you can do yourself is a bonus, if you take it to a sled shop it could sit for weeks and weeks at this time of year. If you have the time and can tear it down and get it to a welding shop, you may be able to have it good as new in a week or 10 days...Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts