Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Here's the dilio, our "friends" at the DNR headquarters will not post the trail as "open" because the land owner at Darden still hasn't responded to our request to sign the lease. The DNR said, "until we get a "yes" or a "no" we won't allow the trail to be open." WTF! I told some club members that we should just forget about the guy and move on. They agree, but the state won't pull it's head out of it's ass (as least that's what I heard). Here's what you need to do in the north, you MUST take .Lovers loop to go north. After you go up the big hill by Darden road on the north side of the loop, you can cross Darden and catch the trail loop north from there. Same thing when going south from Sodbusters. Also, the trail does go past snowlovers loop like usuall. It just ends at Rosewood. Then you have to turn back and take snowlovers loop.

Also, the section of trail that goes through Reith-Riley's gravel pit at the south end apparently never had a lease before and the DNR found out about that (oversight?). So we gave Reith-Riley a lease in November. To date their lawyers still have not gotten back to us after repeated requests. Without this signed the DNR will not budge.

The whole thing is ridiculous and by no way the club's fault.

Don't let this get anyone down about riding. If we have snow, I'll be riding on the Buffalo...

714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tony,
Thanks for the update...I sure hope I didn't sound like I was implying that you or your club was dragging their feet, I totally understand what you're going through and you guys do a great job with the trail. I'm still have not received my new registration that was submitted in end of Oct, called again to day and was told it was processed last Friday and mailed on Monday, hopefully it will show up Wed.(been lied to twice already) I've already made up my mind if it's not here and we get snow...well, like Jackie G said, and away we go.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I didn't take it that way. I'm just frustrated with the way the trail has been going to the last two years. The DNR has decided to use our trail as a test trail for all new leases throughout the state using a "gps'd" mileage of the trail. It has caused some issues. I found out today the Reith Riley did finally sign their lease and we are having our lead coordinator on the lease issue track down the last land owner one more time to get him to sign. He and his wife have told us that they will sign, but then they never call or return our calls. It's not a landowner that complained in the past. Actually, it's the land owner that owns the "roller coaster hills" along the west side of sycamore and the property along the power line on the west side of Rosewood.

After noon today all I can think about is our trip to the western up tomorrow. 6-8 of our club members are already up there tearin it up. Can't wait to join them! anyone is welcome to join us in Bergland and White Pine, but it might be hard to find a hotel room at this point.

See ya,

Tony

·
Registered
Switchback Assault 800
948 Posts
anyone is welcome to join us in Bergland and White Pine, but it might be hard to find a hotel room at this point.

See ya,

Tony[/b]

Ya think? everyone is hurtin bad to go riding. First sign of snow and they will be out in droves! especially to the UP. They will have the most snow. Good luck to you guys and be safe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.