Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buddy of mine is looking at getting a 2006 saber cat 700, I dont know much about cats is the saber the same as the f7 just more tame? is it a good sled he will ride hard doesnt jump much but he loves to fly through the corners what should we expect?

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
get after market skies if hes going to do that, these skies push and dont do vary well in the corners unless after market, i believe powder pro skis, dont take me up on that though, also these sleds are fast and are vary good i have a 500 and not a problem yet. NICE SLEDS, also you guys are all ganna yell at me and shit like that, i know its coming but here it is, sabercat 700 114 mph Firecat 700 105 mph. I seen this on arcticchat guy had a 700 saber and the other guy has a f7 i was amazed but funny. (speed i put up was a range area)

ok now all of you can laugh at me

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
my dad has that exact sled and loves it. it has the same power as a firecat but it has different shocks that are softer and higher windshield and other cosmetic stuff like that. it is also a real nice sled. as long as he isnt really into jumping the sled should do fine

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I have an 05 Sabercat. I love the sled. I wouldn't get to excited about the skis though. I can run thru the woods with the best of em and all I added was 8" Bergstrom skegs. Mine has 102 picks and really rips. I have had my speedo reading 117 going across a lake, about 1.5 mile run. I know the speedo isn't the most acurate thing in the world, but they really do rip. I have a 1.5* timing key and a D&D Y pipe ready to be put in. Also just recieved my Speedwerks clutch kit too. That should make a little more power and get it to the ground. Now if it would only SNOW...................

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
wife has the 500 lx. nice sled and extemely efficient for 80 hp but that's not your motor. pros: plush ride on trails, warm sled, efi is rock solid, front suspension is better than the rear. cons: seating position too low (lower than zr), fit and finish not the best, handle bars need a riser block. as far as the ski issue, it's pretty much an overrated complaint. the main issue is the factory carbides-they are complete junk. the skis are fine-very similar to zr keel. get a set of 6" dooly's and it'll carve with any aftermarket ski on the trail-maybe not powder but it's not a mountain sled anyhow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts