Hardcore Sledder banner

201 - 220 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
4,275 Posts
Problem is all it takes is one season and real damage is done. Some who ordered new sleds will just keep what they have for now. Others who need new sleds will buy doos or poos and they wil probably stay with thier new brands because we are creatures of habit. Some will crash sleds some will have mechanical issues that just warrant a new sled. Again they will just buy competitors brand. That’s what I would do. If poo could t sell me what I want when I want/ need it. I’d go buy another brand . Seasons are to short to wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have noticed that ads for non-current Arctic ZR sleds have decreased considerably in Ontario since the announcement, either they sold them off with buyers snapping them up OR the dealer withdrew those ads under the court order. Aberfoyle had a quite a few and now only Yamaha non-current on their site, I don't recall them being a Yami dealer. It looks like the only way to get an Arctic Cat sled for the foreseeable future in Canada is used???

·
Registered
175 Posts
Rockland Wheels still have many 2021 Riots and a couple ZR8000's on their site.

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
696 Posts
Rockland Wheels still have many 2021 Riots and a couple ZR8000's on their site.

Advertising and being able to fulfill on the sale are 2 different things. I would definitely not feel like it is a wise decision to purchase one of those sleds right now, given things like the Eleanor Mustang situation....my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have noticed that ads for non-current Arctic ZR sleds have decreased considerably in Ontario since the announcement, either they sold them off with buyers snapping them up OR the dealer withdrew those ads under the court order. Aberfoyle had a quite a few and now only Yamaha non-current on their site, I don't recall them being a Yami dealer. It looks like the only way to get an Arctic Cat sled for the foreseeable future in Canada is used???
They became a Yammy dealer last fall. As for non currents no dealer in Ontario is legally allowed to sell them. One dealer said those who springchecked in March will be allowed to receive their sled. Another dealer said they will have to wait for the appeal or patent expiry. Feel bad for all dealers and customers as a whole.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
872 Posts
They became a Yammy dealer last fall. As for non currents no dealer in Ontario is legally allowed to sell them. One dealer said those who springchecked in March will be allowed to receive their sled. Another dealer said they will have to wait for the appeal or patent expiry. Feel bad for all dealers and customers as a whole.
BRP may have won, but snowmobiling took a loss. What happens with the down payments people put on sleds when they can't take inventory of them?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I talked to another Cat dealer today and he said until the Lawsuit is settled/reversed, there will be no 21 Cats coming to Canada regardless of if they were pre-sold or not. He has 25 quite concerned customers right now who have put deposits on new sleds.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here's a thought.... If the patent expires Dec 31st.they will deliver in January with some sort of compensation, free added extras or some money back. That could be why they aren't being transparent about it.

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat, 2017 ZR 6000 Roger Skime
1,075 Posts
The reason why Yamaha is not named, is because Yamaha paid BRP, so they were excluded. So did Polaris.. They all copied the rider forward design in some capacity. As others have indicated.. The patent is over in 21... The issue, I see though is people that traded in their sled for a new one and now they have no sled. The customer is out a sled and the dealer sold their sled. Textron IMO has a short leash here. They.... IMO... will ultimately pay the customers big refunds because of their trades or will pay BRP. Even if Textron appeals... By the time it goes to court, it will be 2021...

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
211 Posts
I talked to my dealer today about getting some maintenance work done on my sleds and asked him is Cat going to produce a new suspension now that the law suit is a done deal, he had no clue but said the suit was not about the suspension but in fact was about the rider position when sitting on the sled? I'm confused

·
Registered
2014 ZR 6000 El Tigre, 2015 ZR 7000 El Tigre
211 Posts
The pyramidal frame would explain the rider position issue

·
Registered
278 Posts
BRP had patents on both. The rider position one has been thrown out of court in both the US and Canada as too ambiguous. The only claim currently being fought is over the pyramidal frame.

·
Registered
2020 ThunderCat, 2017 ZR 6000 Roger Skime
1,075 Posts
Its not even the frame... Its the engine placement within the frame.. Its a complete joke.. They lost twice and yet they got some clown of a judge to make a dumb ass bad call.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Its not even the frame... Its the engine placement within the frame.. Its a complete joke.. They lost twice and yet they got some clown of a judge to make a dumb ass bad call.
Its still about the frame. Cat initially won stating their design didn't use an engine cradle as part of the pyramidal structure, the appeals court threw out that decision saying there was indeed an engine cradle that supported a pyramidal frame and tossed it back to the original court for the final sentencing. It was the Judge that originally sided with Cat that set the penalties.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/ski-doo-wins-lawsuit-over-arctic-cat-1.5613662

201 - 220 of 315 Posts