Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not good boys... cat won this same lawsuit 3 years ago now they rule in favour of BRP

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My question is what happens to anyone that spring checked a 2021 sled. Are they just shit out of luck and get their money back?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not good boys... cat won this same lawsuit 3 years ago now they rule in favour of BRP

That's a big blow... Not sure how I feel about my new sled. Maybe I shouldn't ride it... Could become a collector's item one day

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I realize that but now that this has changed in favour of Doo they will have to try and settle it. I wonder if it’s an option to threaten another appeal and if they can maybe Doo will settle somehow rather than going to court again. Either way it’s crappy.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Means absolutely nothing. Just like any other lawsuit. will go on until the end of time. BRP should be ashamed of themselves I feel. They did lose a huge lawsuit to Cat to the tune of $54 Million give or take for there wet bikes on stealing Cats steering with no throttle. Guess they are still pissed at that. Would be fun to see the US courts come back and block sales of Doo sleds in the US for this misguided law suit. Here is to making that happen!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Not sure it means nothing. Certainly not good for Cat. Wonder if all this had anything to do with their decision to change the 2021 RXC? Having to change things up or something?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not sure it means nothing. Certainly not good for Cat. Wonder if all this had anything to do with their decision to change the 2021 RXC? Having to change things up or something?
So technically the snowcheks qualify as sold or will they be blocked also?

Sent from my SM-C9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
So will the USA have sleds on dealers floor now because of this? They've already been building and even delivering some already

·
Registered
149 Posts
Anyone know what is different about this case from the one in 2017 that allowed BRP to take it back to court? Obviously the article is to catch everyone's attention and provide basic information, but I feel it's just ridiculously poor journalism to not point out the difference between this case and that one. For those who didn't read the full article, it says Canadian courts ruled in Arctic Cat's favor in 2017 in a similar case. Basically, what changed from then to now? I mean you obviously can't just keep suing for the same patent infringement until you get a favorable result.

·
Registered
149 Posts
for those wondering, below is a link to the case from 2017. In it, the judgement says Arctic Cat did not infringe on BRP's 264 patent, and that the 106, 813, and 964 patents were invalid and void. It will be interesting if anyone can find the ruling from this case and what patents were ruled on. Turns out the same judge presided in both cases.

·
Registered
19,990 Posts
Anyone know what is different about this case from the one in 2017 that allowed BRP to take it back to court? Obviously the article is to catch everyone's attention and provide basic information, but I feel it's just ridiculously poor journalism to not point out the difference between this case and that one. For those who didn't read the full article, it says Canadian courts ruled in Arctic Cat's favor in 2017 in a similar case. Basically, what changed from then to now? I mean you obviously can't just keep suing for the same patent infringement until you get a favorable result.
yeah. The they are dealing with 2 different countries. Us said cat is good Canada said no go. They are filing appeals. Cat will on this one. They have been fighting this since 2011

·
Registered
149 Posts
yeah. The they are dealing with 2 different countries. Us said cat is good Canada said no go. They are filing appeals. Cat will on this one. They have been fighting this since 2011
Greg, please read my post again and take a look a the link I offered of the case from 2017. The 2017 case that was mentioned and linked was clearly in Canada and not the US. My initial investigation tonight indicate that BRP files their lawsuits in Canada and Arctic Cat files their lawsuits in the US. The Arctic Cat personal watercraft case against BRP was filed in Florida. All of the BRP cases against Arctic Cat were filed in Ottawa.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts