Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,250 Posts
My best wishes to everyone involved in this devastating issue.

The bottom line on things like this is, our political class, those who have been put in office, have agendas OTHER than fixing and keeping up our infrastructure. Look at the roads, water supplies, electrical grids, etc. etc.. I read both of these dams were built in 1924 and 1925. Based on some things I read, they were in need of repair, which makes sense for something that is closing in on 100 years of age. Wouldn't that be the proper thing to do, repair the dams?

I can't wait until they blame this event on CLIMATE CHANGE. You know its coming......

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
Enduro - It can’t he political if it’s about political jobs. Cone on fat ! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
My Snap-On route is Midland,, I have customers shops underwater, quite sure some customers homes lost. The bridge over Wixom Lake, that goes past the dam, is gone, as is the Big bridge less than a 1/2 mile to the south in Edenville. That was my daily drive route to Midland. Quite ironic as Monday morning while crossing the bridge next to the dam, I slowed down considerably to see the gigantic deluge of water going through the overflow of the dam,, thinking that it is at its limits. Tuesday, the levy gave way- not the dam- flooding everything and rushing the "tidal" wave into Sanford lake, which overflowed their dam and levy. Not good, but, no lives lost-- and its easy to say its just "stuff"- as it is only stuff- BUT, say that to people that lost everything and they will probably say differently.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Sorry about double posting, I'm not good at this stuff.
Bottom pic is M30 bridge over Wixom. Stryker Marine is far left in the pic (north). Note the dam and dyke on west side of M30 (right of missing bridge),,NOT damaged. See the dyke on the left side (east) of M30? Follow that 1/2 mile farther east- TOP PIC- dyke failure.

·
Administrator
24,528 Posts
Thank God the state stepped in to protect the fresh water mussels by ORDERING Boyce Hydro to STOP the ILLEGAL LOWERING OF THE WATER LEVEL.....:

“That fight landed the state and Boyce Hydro in state and federal court over the last three weeks. Boyce sued on April 29, charging that it was being unfairly targeted for enforcement. The state later accused Boyce of illegally lowering Wixom's water levels, killing millions of mussels.”

Stupid is as stupid does.......what an embarrassment.....Whitmer’s and Nessel’s offices were MORE concerned with Mussels than peoples safety! THE REVERSE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE! THE WATER LEVEL SHOULD HAVE BEEN ORDERED LOWERED UNTIL THE DAM WAS REINFORCED!!!!!

I was just reading that how absolutely fucked is that?!? Jesus. 😣

From reading the article it sounds like the state screwed the pooch and messed up, from the state regulators to the attorney general.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Attorney General Dana Nessel said Wednesday they would explore every legal recourse to pursue those responsible. "This was a known problem for a while and that's why it's important that we do our due diligence and take action," Whitmer said during a press briefing in Midland on Wednesday.

They are the one IMO that messed up, but trying to blame others, sound familiar? cough, cough, close the state down, cough.
Yeah, they will have to sue themselves, apparently.

·
HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
3,951 Posts
The citizens should sue the green organizations and everyone who stopped it. Could sue for BILLIONS!

Steve

·
Administrator
2030 Arctic Cat 2500 - - 19-20 mileage-100,000
23,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Not that it makes things any better, but from everything I've seen and read so far no lives have been lost from this freaking disaster.

·
Registered
489 Posts
My friend is returning to his home today to see how bad the damage was. This picture was his back yard yesterday, he was told today he is able to access his home by vehicle. He's hoping for the best...

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts

Front of where my dad's house used to be. It's now in the background at center left. Neighbor's treeline kept it from being swept downriver, so we were able to salvage a few things.

I've been in plenty of burned homes in my career, but short or a complete burn down, which is rare, I've never seen anything like this.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey Chicken Al, you seem so tense these days. Is it because your wife insists on watching Fox News? Or because you made another poor choice in who you decide to support at any given time? I can see how it must be a tough decision for a chicken with such a small little head with which to think. Not much room for brains. :ROFLMAO:
You are not going to get logical replies from anyone who is a .gov cuck. Not saying he is, but you need to understand who you are speaking with. That is tough in an online forum where you don’t know people personally.

·
Premium Member
15,600 Posts
You are not going to get logical replies from anyone who is a .gov cuck. Not saying he is, but you need to understand who you are speaking with. That is tough in an online forum where you don’t know people personally.
I'm under no illusion that Chicken Al would ever have anything logical to say. His character comes across as exactly who he is. An indecisive, weak thinking, pissed off individual. For good reason. He has trouble thinking clearly and it frustrates him. So, he lashes out at everyone who out thinks him. He earns little respect as an individual because he has nothing of value to contribute to a discussion. Notice he never gets involved in helping someone solve a snowmobile issue. If he tried, he'd destroy his credibility even more. Instead, he waits till he sees an opportunity to belittle others. Then he posts his BS. He obviously has no idea how stupid this makes him look. No need, or desire, to know him personally. :rolleyes:

Watch as he tries to impress himself, and his like-minded supporters again on this thread.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
In less than 2 days, they had those train tracks repaired and trains running on them. I went over to Tawas last
monday during the monsoon rains, yards and fields along M55 were already flooding. took Plank road home and
saw more of the same. they got 7.97 inches of rain according to what I read, and offiicially they said 3.77 where
I live 25 miles away.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
I'm under no illusion that Chicken Al would ever have anything logical to say. His character comes across as exactly who he is. An indecisive, weak thinking, pissed off individual. For good reason. He has trouble thinking clearly and it frustrates him. So, he lashes out at everyone who out thinks him. He earns little respect as an individual because he has nothing of value to contribute to a discussion. Notice he never gets involved in helping someone solve a snowmobile issue. If he tried, he'd destroy his credibility even more. Instead, he waits till he sees an opportunity to belittle others. Then he posts his BS. He obviously has no idea how stupid this makes him look. No need, or desire, to know him personally. :rolleyes:

Watch as he tries to impress himself, and his like-minded supporters again on this thread.
Impress myself...impossible Little Phil as you have that market locked up tight.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
The only replies Little Phil is interested in are those that are 100% in line with his narratives. He also seems to like those that are made with lips firmly locked to his ass...neither of those are coming from me.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts