Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Administrator
2030 Arctic Cat 2500 - - 19-20 mileage-100,000
23,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I posted this in another thread and should have just started this one and asked about the flooding and dams breaking. Something else to discuss beside the Corona Virus and your wonderful governor.

Any of you guys affected by the dams breaking and town(s) being flooded out from the recent rains?? There was a story on my local news here in Pennsylvania but i didn't catch the whole story on the flooding & where.

·
Registered
645 Posts
so Wittholm will have a real dilemma now. She's been adamant about people staying in their homes, will she continue to force them to stay home and drown? That would be one upping Cuomo after he forced nursing homes to take Covid patients killing 1000's of elderly people. Or will she change her tune and force them to evacuate? Hmmm, such decisions when you're on an ego trip!

·
Administrator
24,796 Posts
so Wittholm will have a real dilemma now. She's been adamant about people staying in their homes, will she continue to force them to stay home and drown? That would be one upping Cuomo after he forced nursing homes to take Covid patients killing 1000's of elderly people. Or will she change her tune and force them to evacuate? Hmmm, such decisions when you're on an ego trip!
No. People were told to evacuate but “be strong about following all social distancing rules while doing so.” The State is broke so I don’t even know how these people, towns and counties are going to get any assistance. It’s a shit show and I know a few people that lost some or all. Very big kick in the nuts with everything else that’s going on, that’s for sure.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
No. People were told to evacuate but “be strong about following all social distancing rules while doing so.” The State is broke so I don’t even know how these people, towns and counties are going to get any assistance. It’s a shit show and I know a few people that lost some or all. Very big kick in the nuts with everything else that’s going on, that’s for sure.
I hear ya.... For assistance ask the feds

On a side note, wife's nephew bought a house 2 or 3 months ago along the river (south of MIdland). Police came by last night and said they had to leave. Looking at the photo's, it's going to take very long time to get things repaired from this. My wife's BIL lives in Tawas, the river there did a number also. The railroad tracks are shot and all the earth underneath gone, gonna be a very long time before anything goes though there.

·
Administrator
23,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
It's only a dilemma to feebs like you that are trying to make a flood political...people are losing everything and she took quick action to order evacuations but carry on with your partisan hackery...I'm sure shit for brains Phil approves.

·
Premium Member
16,080 Posts
It's only a dilemma to feebs like you that are trying to make a flood political...people are losing everything and she took quick action to order evacuations but carry on with your partisan hackery...I'm sure shit for brains Phil approves.
Hey Chicken Al, you seem so tense these days. Is it because your wife insists on watching Fox News? Or because you made another poor choice in who you decide to support at any given time? I can see how it must be a tough decision for a chicken with such a small little head with which to think. Not much room for brains. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Dad lost his part-time home on Sanford Lake. He's still in W. Va so nobody hurt, but 31 years of family memories washed away.

·
Administrator
23,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dad lost his part-time home on Sanford Lake. He's still in W. Va so nobody hurt, but 31 years of family memories washed away.
Sorry to hear that, thoughts & prayers to everyone now having to deal with this on top of having to deal with the Corona Virus and everything that has happened because of the virus, lock downs and all of the other bullchit rules.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I wasnt so much trying to make it political as to make a statement about poor "leaders" and I use that term very loosely. I don't pay that much attention to Michigan politics, but between the muslims and Witholm it doesn't seem like there's much in the way of common sense there. We in NY are just as bad if not worse. Cuomo is as corrupt as they come. Look I dont care if they have a D or and R after their name, they're either working FOR America or AGAINST America. Sorry if you're offended by my post.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Don’t fret, if you haven’t noticed Little Al hates all gov’t, yet he stands up for the gov’t you hate. F’d up huh ?

Reactions: billp and Mwana

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thank God the state stepped in to protect the fresh water mussels by ORDERING Boyce Hydro to STOP the ILLEGAL LOWERING OF THE WATER LEVEL.....:

“That fight landed the state and Boyce Hydro in state and federal court over the last three weeks. Boyce sued on April 29, charging that it was being unfairly targeted for enforcement. The state later accused Boyce of illegally lowering Wixom's water levels, killing millions of mussels.”

Stupid is as stupid does.......what an embarrassment.....Whitmer’s and Nessel’s offices were MORE concerned with Mussels than peoples safety! THE REVERSE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE! THE WATER LEVEL SHOULD HAVE BEEN ORDERED LOWERED UNTIL THE DAM WAS REINFORCED!!!!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
From reading the article it sounds like the state screwed the pooch and messed up, from the state regulators to the attorney general.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and Attorney General Dana Nessel said Wednesday they would explore every legal recourse to pursue those responsible. "This was a known problem for a while and that's why it's important that we do our due diligence and take action," Whitmer said during a press briefing in Midland on Wednesday.

They are the one IMO that messed up, but trying to blame others, sound familiar? cough, cough, close the state down, cough.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Mwana, sorry to hear that.

We spent a lot of time on Sanford Lake when we lived in Saginaw. My wife's nephew just bought a place downstream from Midland 2 or 3 months ago. They had to evacuate Tuesday night, yet to be able to return. His wife and kids are at her parents, he's at a hotel as he is working .

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yeah Al, READ MY POST AND THE DETROIT NEWS TODAY!!!!

IT IS POLITICAL! HER ADMINISTRATION’S STUPIDITY TO PROTECT MUSSELS JUST COST PEOPLE ALL THEY OWN!!!!

COMMON SENSE HAS BEEN LACKING FROM THE COVID POLICES, AND NOW THIS!!

HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU NEED TO SEE?????? KEEP DOUBLING-DOWN, STUPID ALWAYS DOES..........

1 - 20 of 55 Posts