Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a ride today. i was jumping out of a steep dugout and i was going verticle. once i was in the air i grabbed my brake to level out, all was good until i started hitting it harder. next thing i knew i landed and my track was stoped. opened (pried) the cover off and chain was broken, chain case exploded, and the bearing in pieces. i didn't land with the brake on, what do you think caused this. its a 03 f7 sp and i was only jumping about 5 ft in the air. could anyone tell me what its going to cost to fix or were i could find used parts

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
03 bearings are brittle because of the groove in it. It likely exploded on impact and took out the chain case.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sorry to hear about the breakage. I too had my chain let go, however my actually snapped clean in two, but didn't bind up the drive shaft, but then again this was over the summer and I was at about 1,100 ft out on the track I cross the stripe with a 10.76 at 110 MPH with no brakes. I am officially the only sled to ever go through the sand trap at the end of the strip at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove WI. That was fun except for the change of underwear required.

Glad you were not hurt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts