Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one else had bolts break off on there secondary clutch. Took my'ne to dealer today and they said this is the second one they have seen like this. I went on to look up the part number and it says the secondary that is on there should be replaced by a different part number. Do you not think this should be a recall?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Has any one else had bolts break off on there secondary clutch. Took my'ne to dealer today and they said this is the second one they have seen like this. I went on to look up the part number and it says the secondary that is on there should be replaced by a different part number. Do you not think this should be a recall?[/b]
Which bolt(s) are you experiencing problems with on the secondary?

Thanks,
-John

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Has any one else had bolts break off on there secondary clutch. Took my'ne to dealer today and they said this is the second one they have seen like this. I went on to look up the part number and it says the secondary that is on there should be replaced by a different part number. Do you not think this should be a recall?[/b]
Probably not

I have been playing with clutching on both Crossfires - Its that damn blue locktite and the combination of steel torx screws and an aluminum helix

Its the 9 torx screws that hold the sheave to the backside of helix

I had three heads break off the screws - Use a good torx bit

If the break , get all the others loose or broke and remove helix - Heat up aluminum with a propane torch - Dont need alot of heat - Just enough to melt the locktite on threads - And grab the screws with a vise grips and they will spin right out

Go to hardware store , buy some decent allen head screws , small amount of blue locktite and your good to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts