Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesturday i was out riding and i tried to start my sled and my pull cord broke! I have an eyebolt installed but it still frayed and broke because of the sharp plastic on the dash. So i checked my tool kit and guess what? no rope to start the sled by the clutches! luckily i was with someone people and they came to help and i used there spare rope in their tool kit. So if i wasnt with anyone i would have been stranded out in the bush because my pull cord broke and cat is cheap and doesnt give a spare! do they expect us to buy an extra one to keep with us incase the stock one breaks? and with all the talk about the fraying pull cord issues you think cat would be smart enought to give you a rope so you could start the sled from the clutches if need be.

And to make things worse, my dealer which i told them i needed cats fix easrlier they said they never heard of it and if your rope is fraying you should pull the rope different! what a bunch of dummys! I had to fix this myself because they dealer was not open and it would have taken them days to fix because they are "busy" doing other things! So i wasted my time taking apart my brand new sled when i just spend all that money on a new sled so i did not have to work on it! Plus i had to use my won spare rope from my brothers mxz! But bombardier is smart enought to put a spare rope in their tool kit! i guess cat should learn by example!

So for all you guys you should get a spare rope and put it in your tool kit because you dont want to be left starnded somewhere because cat is too cheap to put one in their tool kit!

So i sanded the rought edges down so my new rope wont fray! ANd next time at the dealer in going to tell them to give me a new rope for spare and a new spar rope for my brother bombardier sinc ei had to use his to fix my sled! and this problem could have been avoided if the dealer would have installed cats fix and a new opull cord but they "didnt hear about it". Well enought complaining but just keep a spare pull cord!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I saw someone do this once. When the engine is warm, he grabbed the primary clutch and spun it and started the engine. I would'nt recommend doing this unless I was a pinch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
if the sno machine is warm you can grab the clutch with your hands and turn it counter clockwise. if it is not warm you will need to wrap a rope around it a few times then pull its counter clockwise. neither of these will do any damage to your engine and is the standard emergancy start method

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Well that sucks bro because i had mine let go twice so far.... once snapped and the other time cat never made the knott big enough....

but on the flipside, you should have checked out your toolkit before it was to late, i bought one at canadian tire and jammed it in there

·
Registered
580 Posts
Took my sled in today to have all the latest fixes addressed and the mechanic stated someone allready had their pull cord break after cat's fix due to it rubbing on the frame right by the recoil. I told him cat needs to quit being cheap and build a guide tube like the zrt's had, ( just like the outdoor shop sells) and get it out to the consumer, Cat tried WAY too hard to keep the weight down on this sled and it backfired.... Attention to detail, I just don't understand how you can test a sled for 6 months or longer and not have any of these issues develope during testing/prototype testing....? :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts