Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does there need to be a certain ohm load? I bought a toggle switch and hooked it up and the sled wouldnt fire at all... Hope I didnt wreck anything.... please help

·
Registered
153 Posts
ZR's are on "open circuit system" I think thats the correct term. Flip your switch to off and pull your cord and it should fire right up. I broke my ignition switch last year and tried to hot wire it, it wouldn't fire when I twisted the wires together, but out of chance I pulled them apart and pulled it over and it fired right up. Not the most anti theft system, but I guess all cat's having the same key isn't the best deterant either.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh I forgot, touch the wires together to kill the engine.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks, when I had tried starting it I flipped it to off and it didnt fire then either... I will look more tomorrow, but I think im gonna stop being a cheap @## and just buy a new switch...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yea I had a wire come off the back of my ignition switch, didnt know it until I tuned it off & the sled kept running. I used the kill switch on the handle bars to start and stop the motor the rest of the day. Sort of scary - someone can remove one wire and ride the sled away.!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts