Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke a chain my F7 its a 2004 only has like 1500 miles just wondering who else has had a problem with them breaking??

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
my chains stretch after like 500miles. i dont know why

·
Registered
921 Posts
Mine broke last year and I posted a similar question. I heard from many HCS's that broke chains.

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
Originally posted by VmaX 600@Oct 7 2005, 07:35 PM
I broke a chain my F7 its a 2004 only has like 1500 songs jsut wondering who else has had a problem with them breaking??
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=915435
[/quote]

1500 songs ?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Mine broke at about 2000 miles!!!!!!!! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Flash and Flare@Oct 8 2005, 11:54 AM
1500 songs ?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=916415
[/quote]

oops was thinkng of what songs to download at the time oh well should have been miles. But when a chain breaks it can take out the chain case and damage the gears also like Mine did.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Originally posted by VmaX 600@Oct 8 2005, 06:35 PM
oops was thinkng of what songs to download at the time oh well should have been miles.  But when a chain breaks it can take out the chain case and damage the gears also like Mine did.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=916889
[/quote]
What kind of riding were you doing when it broke?

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Switch to a 15 wide top sprocket and chain, with the stock 13 wide bottom gear. Stock chain is 13 plates wide.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by jet@Oct 8 2005, 07:04 PM
What kind of riding were you doing when it broke?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917034
[/quote]

I was ditch banging I was going up a hill just about got to the top and it broke then I rolled sown backwards that was a fun ride back down.

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Check out the new Team gears, forgot what they are called.....

I agree might as well go up to a 15 wide.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Never lost a chain in over 50 sleds I've owned, until...
'04 T660 Turbo. Must have been a year Cat wanted to save money on chains.
mike

·
Registered
958 Posts
just took mine apart and i do alot of drag racing and im pretty rough on the throttle during the bumps, everything looks great though. i have about 1200 miles on it and all the links are smooth, no nicks in the gears or anything. make sure your chain is kept tight. tighten the tensioner bolt with your finger until you cant move it anymore and back off a 10th of a rotation. a 15 link wide would always be more durable though

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
very interesting. would hate to lose the chain out in the middle of nowhere.

Jason

thanks for the info

:beerchug:

·
Registered
20,648 Posts
At least you just broke a chain. I snapped my drive shaft off. Luckly I wasnt going that fast and it didnt take out the chain case. It was a pain in the ass getting the bearing off the broken end of the shaft.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Originally posted by crazydzz@Oct 8 2005, 10:40 PM
I busted the chain on my 04 saber after 450 miles..and took out the chain case aswell.dealer would not do nothing about it! 13 wide is a peice of crap in my opinion...
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=917208
[/quote]

I had something similar but I never tightened my chain and at about 1900 miles my chain was so loose that it racheted and finally bound up and cracked the chaincase open.

Toally my own fault (thought the tensioner was automatic) :frech32: :doh: but the dealer took care of it for nothing. :banana: :beerchug:

That dealer should have took care of that for you. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts