Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
OH YEA.OH OH OH.think about it over 30 years ago,
that sled was the thunder cat of today.
i have to admit it i was expecting to see somthing
a whole lot different then what cat offered.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I think they kinda wasted the Kingcat name. I mean it is just a 1m basically, some titanium here and there but nothing serious. Should have saved it for something REVolutionary. :lol:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Thumper I agree with you because I had a new King Cat & I hope it was more than this for its time

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
I agree that the name should have been used with a more unique sled from cat.the 1 m is standard equipment.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
A G Was the 72 Cheetah the one with the cool high handlebars? Looked like a chopper?

·
Registered
154 Posts
AG what model was it that had the big twin hirth in it and had chrome side pipes my brother inlaw had one
years and years ago?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I never owned one but I had the chance to drive one in the 70's. SWEEEEEET!!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by AC900@Feb 26 2003, 09:17 AM
AG what model was it that had the big twin hirth in it and had chrome side pipes my brother inlaw had one
years and years ago?
1969 p-35. I had a lowly P19 but a friend of mine(his dad was the dealer) rode the P-35. One mean sob for its day. Had a hard time to keep the cleats on it if you hit it too hard. Those pipes were nothing but cool! B)

·
Registered
580 Posts
In the 70's dad had a panther with twin chrome pipes that came out the front and back to the rear on each side. It had a 650 JLO Rockwell twin cylinder engine. Rated at 50 horse if my memory is correct. Sounded sweet. AT the time it was one fast sled.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have never seen a King cat. I wonder what the horse power was? It must have been a pretty scary ride in that old dinosour of a chasis

·
Registered
154 Posts
czy42strokes it had the pipes one on each side but it was a hirth 735 or something like that wasnt that also a King Kat now I will get a hold of him and ask.My wife just told me it was a king kat with a hirth now
I will get the cc.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I THINK BRINGING BACK THE KINGCAT WAS A MARKETING BRAINSTORM.IF YOU RIDE THIS WEAPON,YOU WILL BE ''KING ''OF THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AS THEY SAY IN THE MOUNTAINS;;;;;,Pull Off Ledge And Repair In Summer;THE WAY OUT!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: B) B)

·
Registered
721 Posts
I THINK BRINGING BACK THE KINGCAT WAS A MARKETING BRAINSTORM.IF YOU RIDE THIS WEAPON,YOU WILL BE ''KING ''OF THE MOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AS THEY SAY IN THE MOUNTAINS;;;;;,''P''ull ''O''ff ''L''edge'' A''nd'' R''epair ''I''n ''S''ummer;THE WAY OUT!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: B) B)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by AC900@Feb 26 2003, 01:50 PM
czy42strokes it had the pipes one on each side but it was a hirth 735 or something like that wasnt that also a King Kat now I will get a hold of him and ask.My wife just told me it was a king kat with a hirth now
I will get the cc.
It was a 634 Hirth on the early (69-70) model. 34 HP. It did not have the King Kat moniker at that time. I believe that came with the later models with 3-4 cylinder motors. It was a Panther and it was called the P-34 or P-35. Pipes ran down each side from the front to the back of the belly pan. If you got stuck just rev it up till the snow melted around you. :p

·
Registered
899 Posts
D&D's king kat 800cc

·
Registered
244 Posts
Originally posted by AC900@Feb 26 2003, 08:17 AM
years and years ago?
I beleive those were Panthers, there were some on Ebay earlier this year, very sweet!!! :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,765 Posts
the panthers you guys are talking about came with
two motor options, a 634 and a 760.
also the fuel enjected cat above is called a puma mod.
they are extremely rare, a good frend of mine owns
one . it's been a show winner many times.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts