Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Since we seem to be reviving this old thread, and everyone likely has a bit more time for reading these days, I'll share my Greg story.

I have booked a cabin for a winter weekend at Brereton Lake Resort twice over the last couple years, both times got a cabin with a hot tub, and both times we arrived at the cabin to find a cold hot tub. The first time we were told by Greg that they don't keep the hot tubs heated during the week and they must have forgotten to turn ours back on before we arrived. The second time (after I confirmed when booking that the hot tub should be ready to use when we arrived) Greg explained that he "told the girl to turn it on, but she must have forgotten."

The second time Greg did offer us something to make up for the lost hot tub time, a free yellow onion, seriously. When we tried to buy an onion from the kitchen and asked about checking out two hours late (no booking after ours) at the same time, he offered the onion for free to make up for the hot tub and charged us $20 for the two extra hours. I offered to pay for the onion and take the two extra hours free to make up for the time we lost trying to fix the hot tub, but he stuck to his original offer.

Moral of the story, if you're renting a cabin with a hot tub, call when you're leaving the city and get Greg to confirm that the hot tub is on and the cabin is ready for you.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hoping that in these uneasy times that Mom and Pop operations survive especially in the food industry.

I know for myself whenever I have gone to the restaurant there has been no issues. In fact this last February during the derby I was there with my sister from Alberta and she was amazed that these types of facilities exist on the trails. And that the trails were as good as they were with minimal snow.The place was packed and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

I am sure that the business has it's challenges with the last few "no snow winters"
The internet can make or break an establishment.
Hoping that Greg keeps doing what he does for many more years to come as they are far and few between in the Whiteshell.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You're right, in these uneasy times we all hope that "ma and pop" operations survive, but one bad review is worth 50 good reviews. If Greg treats 1 customer bad, that's the one who posts. No matter if it's a good day or not, he has to treat people with respect. End of story!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
You're right, in these uneasy times we all hope that "ma and pop" operations survive, but one bad review is worth 50 good reviews. If Greg treats 1 customer bad, that's the one who posts. No matter if it's a good day or not, he has to treat people with respect. End of story!
Only 1 bad review really isn’t a big deal. A pattern is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep, and that one bad review reminds and provokes people to give their bad reviews, and voila, the pattern.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts