Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Who has been there and how did you like it.
I have only been there a few times. The owner I found to be a little unique (shorts and crocs in the middle of winter). Good food at a decent price.

This year my experience was off. We sat ourselves down as in other years. He greeted us with a reprimand. " I guess you can't read. Please wait to be seated. The sign is right there!" Never even saw the sign or even thot of looking for a sign. Never had that issue before when we have been there.
Any ways he served us in his unique style. One member in the group has food allergies. It was mentioned to him while making their order. Their plate came out and the side dish had an ingredient that they could not have. When the customer said that they could not eat the side dish because of the ingredient he belittled the customer by saying" It says right on the menu what is in the dish. You should have read the menu" And then comes by the table a few minutes later and slaps a menu down beside them and says " See look. Its shows right here" and points to the menu.
A dick head move in my books. Guess he was still pissed that we didn't wait to be seated. Not sure what the deal is but the customer service sure has changed there.

While we were there a few more sledders came in for lunch and were greeted the same way." Can't read? Please wait to be seated"

On a positive note White Lake sure did a nice reno job on their facility.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Was there about a month ago. Didnt stay or eat there, but guy was nice! Was normally closed i believe ona tuesday and ended up being there and let us fill up. Gave me his number and saud that if we needed fuel, gimme a call and ill come and open up.

Have a friend with some severe allergies and that would have spoiled the day had that happened to him.

·
Registered
333 Posts
About a month ago I was there on a Friday. There was no one in the dining room and no one around so we sat ourself. Greg gave us the "Can't you read the sign" speech too."

Next week there was a Please Wait to Be Seated sign hanging down at eye level - you could not miss it as you entered the restaurant. Was there yesterday and the sign was gone.

Other than that I have always had a good experience. Food and service is great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Always had good food and service at Brereton Lake Resort. I've saw him tell people to read his sign after they sat down without waiting to be seated. It hangs at head height in the door way. Kinda hard to miss.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
I have ate at Brereton lots Greg is a nice guy, I don't know what happened with your experience. something wasn't right. it really seems out of character.

Maybe he was having a bad hair day or adopted the service policy of the Seinfeld Soup Nazi. :laff:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Greg has been good to us when we rented cabins there; brought us gas up to Big Whiteshell when they had none there and we were running near empty. I got nothing but good things from his place

I also echo White Lake. Fine dining. Good eats

·
Registered
9 Posts
Was there a couple of weeks ago and seated myself without issue. Great food and the best Caesar around. Found Greg to be a personable guy and will definitely be stopping in again.

·
Registered
8,461 Posts
Always been a Greg fan...last time we were there it was busy and he said they only had three people instead of five as some new employee didn't show up. food is always good and I love the atmosphere...no complaints! The people at White Lake are fabulous too!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was there a few weekends ago with my father. Place was packed people lined up into the store. I counted at least 3 "Please wait to be seated" signs. But a few people still thought they diddn't apply to them. Another lady lost her mind and started screaming at Greg as she thought they should be served first, her daughter looked 6 or 7 was bawling and trying to hide from psycho mom behind her father. Greg should get an award for how he responded to these people, even let the lil girl wear his tie. Food was great as always, service abit slow this day but understandable given the situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We were at the Brereton Resort Restaurant 2 wks ago and had a terrible experience. We came into the entrance and noticed that the restaurant was completely full and that there was no line up. We did not notice the Wait to be Seated sign, my mistake! There was no hostess to seat people but why would there be at a roadside restaurant and we saw one table was getting ready to leave so we went and got that table. We sat down and finally the guy in the chef’s outfit came and told us ‘You didn’t wait to be seated’. We apologized but this was no good, he made us grab all our stuff and go stand in line which seemed silly when we were the only ones in line. After we stood in line another 2 guys came in line behind us. The guy came and seated them ahead of us so we asked why when we were there first. It was then that he went into us again about not seeing the Wait to be Seated sign. We told him that Yes we do see the signs now, but that we were still ahead of the other people. He was not going to be fair, but instead kept on about the signs and talking about how much time we’ve wasted when he was the only one doing the talking! Then started in to my husband who I will say was being completely silent. The guy kept in his face about not reading the signs but that maybe he’s not able to read. It was obvious that the guy wasn’t saying this to be kind as if my husband couldn’t read, but he was saying it to be demeaning and basically calling him illiterate. I was so shocked why he was losing his cool when my husband hadn’t said a word to provoke it. I could see that my husband was doing his best to keep quiet and remain calm but his limit was getting near so I stepped in and asked the guy if he was being serious or what. The guy just snapped out of it and said we would be seated when a table was available. So we waited and finally he came to seat us. We were being completely civil with him, even though he was totally rude but we had no choice because we were hungry and needed to eat and get back on the trail before we lost too much daylight. Meanwhile the other 2 guys ordered their food right away, but we waited 15 minutes to order ours. THEN we had to wait another 45 minutes for our food, no joke! We knew we were being punished for seating ourselves and for speaking up about being placed in the back of the line. When we got our food the other 2 guys had already got their food and finished eating. When we got our food we were the only people left in the restaurant which was full when we arrived. At one point we asked him if our food was coming soon and he said ‘Yeah it’s just being plated up and should be out soon’, but then it was another 15 minutes before the food arrived. It was obvious he was having his way with us and deliberately making us wait for everything. In response to the other posts about this guy’s behavior….No, I don’t believe he was having a bad day, I think he is just rude. Needless to say we did lose our daylight because of this place and arrived back to our loading 1.5 hours later than planned. When we left the restaurant, we saw that there was 19 (I counted) sleds in line for the gas pumps. Their system is flawed at best and they are severely understaffed. I’m glad to have the opportunity to share my story on social media, you can’t treat people like this and not expect them to share their experience. There’s another restaurant in the area that is good at White Lake where my husband went a week later and sat himself, imagine that! Also you can get gas in Rennie a little further south if you need.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
We were at the Brereton Resort Restaurant 2 wks ago and had a terrible experience. We came into the entrance and noticed that the restaurant was completely full and that there was no line up. We did not notice the Wait to be Seated sign, my mistake! There was no hostess to seat people but why would there be at a roadside restaurant and we saw one table was getting ready to leave so we went and got that table. We sat down and finally the guy in the chef’s outfit came and told us ‘You didn’t wait to be seated’. We apologized but this was no good, he made us grab all our stuff and go stand in line which seemed silly when we were the only ones in line. After we stood in line another 2 guys came in line behind us. The guy came and seated them ahead of us so we asked why when we were there first. It was then that he went into us again about not seeing the Wait to be Seated sign. We told him that Yes we do see the signs now, but that we were still ahead of the other people. He was not going to be fair, but instead kept on about the signs and talking about how much time we’ve wasted when he was the only one doing the talking! Then started in to my husband who I will say was being completely silent. The guy kept in his face about not reading the signs but that maybe he’s not able to read. It was obvious that the guy wasn’t saying this to be kind as if my husband couldn’t read, but he was saying it to be demeaning and basically calling him illiterate. I was so shocked why he was losing his cool when my husband hadn’t said a word to provoke it. I could see that my husband was doing his best to keep quiet and remain calm but his limit was getting near so I stepped in and asked the guy if he was being serious or what. The guy just snapped out of it and said we would be seated when a table was available. So we waited and finally he came to seat us. We were being completely civil with him, even though he was totally rude but we had no choice because we were hungry and needed to eat and get back on the trail before we lost too much daylight. Meanwhile the other 2 guys ordered their food right away, but we waited 15 minutes to order ours. THEN we had to wait another 45 minutes for our food, no joke! We knew we were being punished for seating ourselves and for speaking up about being placed in the back of the line. When we got our food the other 2 guys had already got their food and finished eating. When we got our food we were the only people left in the restaurant which was full when we arrived. At one point we asked him if our food was coming soon and he said ‘Yeah it’s just being plated up and should be out soon’, but then it was another 15 minutes before the food arrived. It was obvious he was having his way with us and deliberately making us wait for everything. In response to the other posts about this guy’s behavior….No, I don’t believe he was having a bad day, I think he is just rude. Needless to say we did lose our daylight because of this place and arrived back to our loading 1.5 hours later than planned. When we left the restaurant, we saw that there was 19 (I counted) sleds in line for the gas pumps. Their system is flawed at best and they are severely understaffed.I’m glad to have the opportunity to share my story on social media, you can’t treat people like this and not expect them to share their experience. There’s another restaurant in the area that is good at White Lake where my husband went a week later and sat himself, imagine that! Also you can get gas in Rennie a little further south if you need.
You should post this on Facebook 204 sledders, regardless of seating yourself or not a customer never ever should be treated this way. Greg keeps this up he could one day find himself in a very bad situation but then again he may soon have limited customers to bitch at. I have stopped there in the past but will cross it off my lunch list.

·
Registered
352 Posts
We were at the Brereton Resort Restaurant 2 wks ago and had a terrible experience. We came into the entrance and noticed that the restaurant was completely full and that there was no line up. We did not notice the Wait to be Seated sign, my mistake! There was no hostess to seat people but why would there be at a roadside restaurant and we saw one table was getting ready to leave so we went and got that table. We sat down and finally the guy in the chef’s outfit came and told us ‘You didn’t wait to be seated’. We apologized but this was no good, he made us grab all our stuff and go stand in line which seemed silly when we were the only ones in line. After we stood in line another 2 guys came in line behind us. The guy came and seated them ahead of us so we asked why when we were there first. It was then that he went into us again about not seeing the Wait to be Seated sign. We told him that Yes we do see the signs now, but that we were still ahead of the other people. He was not going to be fair, but instead kept on about the signs and talking about how much time we’ve wasted when he was the only one doing the talking! Then started in to my husband who I will say was being completely silent. The guy kept in his face about not reading the signs but that maybe he’s not able to read. It was obvious that the guy wasn’t saying this to be kind as if my husband couldn’t read, but he was saying it to be demeaning and basically calling him illiterate. I was so shocked why he was losing his cool when my husband hadn’t said a word to provoke it. I could see that my husband was doing his best to keep quiet and remain calm but his limit was getting near so I stepped in and asked the guy if he was being serious or what. The guy just snapped out of it and said we would be seated when a table was available. So we waited and finally he came to seat us. We were being completely civil with him, even though he was totally rude but we had no choice because we were hungry and needed to eat and get back on the trail before we lost too much daylight. Meanwhile the other 2 guys ordered their food right away, but we waited 15 minutes to order ours. THEN we had to wait another 45 minutes for our food, no joke! We knew we were being punished for seating ourselves and for speaking up about being placed in the back of the line. When we got our food the other 2 guys had already got their food and finished eating. When we got our food we were the only people left in the restaurant which was full when we arrived. At one point we asked him if our food was coming soon and he said ‘Yeah it’s just being plated up and should be out soon’, but then it was another 15 minutes before the food arrived. It was obvious he was having his way with us and deliberately making us wait for everything. In response to the other posts about this guy’s behavior….No, I don’t believe he was having a bad day, I think he is just rude. Needless to say we did lose our daylight because of this place and arrived back to our loading 1.5 hours later than planned. When we left the restaurant, we saw that there was 19 (I counted) sleds in line for the gas pumps. Their system is flawed at best and they are severely understaffed. I’m glad to have the opportunity to share my story on social media, you can’t treat people like this and not expect them to share their experience. There’s another restaurant in the area that is good at White Lake where my husband went a week later and sat himself, imagine that! Also you can get gas in Rennie a little further south if you need.
No soup for you...

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I still don't get the "Please Wait to Be Seated" thing. Honestly this is not the Keg or Tony Roma. Its a small resort shack that is a one stop shop for the local cottage owners.
The gas thing is a whole nother animal. He does not own the pumps or gas. So park your sled at the pumps. Walk into the shack and wait till he has time to take your prepayment. Walk back to your sled and fill it up. After filling up walk back to the shack and finish your payment and then the long walk back to your sled. Now the next person in line can start their process. PITA. Rennie, White Lake and Betula almost always have fuel and you are usually greeted with a smile. Bereton is hit and miss on the fuel part and this is why I usually bypass it and now will continue to bypass it. Will Greg care? Probaly not, but I do. Will he shut down because I will boycott his place? Nope , he will keep on trucking. Many people have responded with positive words about him and that's great. I was thinking maybe we caught him on a bad day or something or he is starting to dislike sledders. I don't know. All I know he pissed off 8 people that will not darken his door way again. Sure, we didn't wait to be seated but there is no reason to belittle anyone for. No where else in the trail system do you have to wait to be seated.
Unless you are in Nopiming and want a Bird Burger at noon. Then you stand and wait for a table to open up.

·
Registered
2012 Pro R Switchback
3,999 Posts
We were at the Brereton Resort Restaurant 2 wks ago and had a terrible experience. We came into the entrance and noticed that the restaurant was completely full and that there was no line up. We did not notice the Wait to be Seated sign, my mistake! There was no hostess to seat people but why would there be at a roadside restaurant and we saw one table was getting ready to leave so we went and got that table. We sat down and finally the guy in the chef’s outfit came and told us ‘You didn’t wait to be seated’. We apologized but this was no good, he made us grab all our stuff and go stand in line which seemed silly when we were the only ones in line. After we stood in line another 2 guys came in line behind us. The guy came and seated them ahead of us so we asked why when we were there first. It was then that he went into us again about not seeing the Wait to be Seated sign. We told him that Yes we do see the signs now, but that we were still ahead of the other people. He was not going to be fair, but instead kept on about the signs and talking about how much time we’ve wasted when he was the only one doing the talking! Then started in to my husband who I will say was being completely silent. The guy kept in his face about not reading the signs but that maybe he’s not able to read. It was obvious that the guy wasn’t saying this to be kind as if my husband couldn’t read, but he was saying it to be demeaning and basically calling him illiterate. I was so shocked why he was losing his cool when my husband hadn’t said a word to provoke it. I could see that my husband was doing his best to keep quiet and remain calm but his limit was getting near so I stepped in and asked the guy if he was being serious or what. The guy just snapped out of it and said we would be seated when a table was available. So we waited and finally he came to seat us. We were being completely civil with him, even though he was totally rude but we had no choice because we were hungry and needed to eat and get back on the trail before we lost too much daylight. Meanwhile the other 2 guys ordered their food right away, but we waited 15 minutes to order ours. THEN we had to wait another 45 minutes for our food, no joke! We knew we were being punished for seating ourselves and for speaking up about being placed in the back of the line. When we got our food the other 2 guys had already got their food and finished eating. When we got our food we were the only people left in the restaurant which was full when we arrived. At one point we asked him if our food was coming soon and he said ‘Yeah it’s just being plated up and should be out soon’, but then it was another 15 minutes before the food arrived. It was obvious he was having his way with us and deliberately making us wait for everything. In response to the other posts about this guy’s behavior….No, I don’t believe he was having a bad day, I think he is just rude. Needless to say we did lose our daylight because of this place and arrived back to our loading 1.5 hours later than planned. When we left the restaurant, we saw that there was 19 (I counted) sleds in line for the gas pumps. Their system is flawed at best and they are severely understaffed.I’m glad to have the opportunity to share my story on social media, you can’t treat people like this and not expect them to share their experience. There’s another restaurant in the area that is good at White Lake where my husband went a week later and sat himself, imagine that! Also you can get gas in Rennie a little further south if you need.
thanks for the story, but WTH? you took the abuse and then still ate there? Either you're a glutton for punishment, can't stand up for yourself or just plain stupid. I would of left the minute he put us BACK in line BEHIND the group of two.

Sounds like a bit of a fishy story lady, and i don't even know this guy Greg.

·
Registered
'16 SKS 800 155 - Previous - '04 RMK 800, '03 ZR900 SP, '98 Formula Z 583
218 Posts
Stopped in yesterday for lunch, had the steak & eggs benny, seriously the best eggs benny I've ever had, it was sooo good! Greg was in a great mood yesterday, camo shorts and all.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I witnessed Greg being rude twice this year. Not sure what’s up with that....all about the seating and the signage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts