Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i see that someone else kinda asked this question but i didnt get much out of it so i figured id ask away. just bought a 99 tcat and have heard of all of the air intake struggles and whatnot. im wondering if its gonna be easier and or more beneficial to run 3 seperate air filters on the carbs and ditch the air box or to hole saw cut a couple holes into the air box and cover them with the pre air filters to help this thing breathe better. right now the sled is stock but the guy who owned it before me used it as a drag sled as best as i can tell hes already put a couple small holes in it but no where that i can see a significant improvement. also these bad boys aughta have a rectangular air filter in them besides the prefilters at the begining of the intake correct. which is also why im considering just 3 seperate air filters.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody got any ideas or prefrences? anything

·
Registered
575 Posts
naf............

On mine it was a dog until I had the smarts to ask smart people what I should do.(as in they already had the prob solved). That air box had about the same volume as the 500 of the same year. On mine my race guy cut a hole in the frunt of the box about two inch tall by about six inch long. He then covered the hole with some hevy grade black mesh,as well as filter foam on the inside. As for the inside (EMPTY) he cut out all of the shelving as well as the cones are gone. I know this set up works because the sled hauls the mail(at least to me) as well as I have about 10000mls on it now. You have to love big tripples.

PS....................I cant stress enough how important it is to replace the waterpump seal before every season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope that helps...................classicstream :div20:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks appreciate the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts