Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an f5 and im wondering what would be the best way to break it in....im the only one with an f5 in this small town....my buds want to race me and i wanna roost them bad bcuz they've been talkin trash....03' XCSP 500, '03 Edge X 500, RMK 600 liquid....they say they'll beat my cat....i wanna break my cat in right to shut these guys up...how should i do so??????

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i rdoe mine with varying the throttle for the fist tank of 100:1 pre mix . i did no wot burst till after the first half of a tank and all during the process i let the motor cool for 15 mins here and there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Run it hard. I put a half hour on the engine letting it idle on the jack stand. Then my first ride was doing 500 foot grass drags. I wouldn't hold it WOT for a mile but a short drag wont hurt it.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Break it in just like You are gonna ride it!!!!!!!! If You dog it, it will be a dog !!! Ride it like a rocket!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
in my opinion, breaking in a nic motor like you stole it would not be such a good idea. nic bores are very very very hard and the rings are softer than the nic , so if you break it in like you stole it there is a higher chance of glazing the rings and thus not seating properly . will you lose performance? maybe maybe not, but its not that hard to ride with self control for the first tank ...............like i said, its just my opinion.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Dec 13 2002, 09:32 AM
in my opinion, breaking in a nic motor like you stole it ...
I agree...What I should have said is "Use it or lose it, but don't be an idiot." I've always broke my sleds in hard, but still managed to stay out of the "WFO for 3 miles" range during break-in.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I found out with dirt bikes years ago. Bought a new one and babied it for the first tank and it was the worst dog I ever owned. Since then I have always broke everything in just like I expect to ride it! My dealer agreed on the Firecat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright...sounds kool

thanx for the suggestions...should i be going under half throttle like the manual says?.....idk.....i think i'll take yalls suggestions....long as it will smoke them other machines

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
idk know about riding my f5 like i would after its broken in.....i think i'll vary speed first half tank then drive like i stole it afterwards...well not exactly like its stolen....what would be better to do?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts