Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite meal to go out and eat is breakfast. I have not found hardly any places on Tug Hill to do this. please post any place near the hill that you can ride to that serves breakfast. On the west side the Gathering Place is my favorite. On CR 17 north of Redfield.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Huckleberry Cafe in Lacona is far and away the best damn breakfast I've ever had on a sled, anywhere. Only problem with it is that the bibs that fit before breakfast sometimes don't fit after.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
On the west side the Gathering Place is my favorite. On CR 17 north of Redfield.
The breakfast and food at Char's Gathering Place is great! A nice little hidden gem that Johnny SnoX avoids.

Huckleberry Cafe in Lacona is far and away the best damn breakfast I've ever had on a sled, anywhere.
Definitely on my list now. Are they open 7 days per week?

I always enjoyed the breakfast at Trailside in Brantingham, but I have not been there in a while. Is it still open?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Huck's a 7 day outfit, and open early. And it looks like hanging in there thru the virus lockdown, I've rolled in there for takeout a couple times the last couple months and the place has been doing brisk business. Not much sled traffic there (ours are usually the only sleds) but is trail accessible without needing to ride the roads. The last 500 yards or so is a little janky but plenty doable, and worth it.

Trailside was a good bite last time i was in there, 4-5 yrs ago, and looked busy this winter the few times I went by. But I understand that the current owners 86'd it about a month ago, it is up for sale or lease now. Hopefully someone picks it up and makes a go of it.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Trailside was a good bite last time i was in there, 4-5 yrs ago, and looked busy this winter the few times I went by. But I understand that the current owners 86'd it about a month ago, it is up for sale or lease now. Hopefully someone picks it up and makes a go of it.
Gee, with the Coach Light and Trailside now gone, it appears that the Pine Tree is now the only dining option in Brantingham. But that little market in Brantingham has good breakfast sandwiches.

I've always also liked the 11N Tavern along the trail near Pulaski, but I don't think they do breakfast.

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
A couple options if you are in the heart of the hill, Flat Rock does breakfast as well as the Timberview. Gathering Place is by far my favorite when we unload in that area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts