Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2007 F8 LXR can't get over 90 mph out of it. Does it have a break in chip like the REV's? Any minor mods/setup to get it past that point? Got 300 miles on it, so far solid, great mid range, running the Dooly's, no tracking. Like the new ride, but need more speed...

·
Registered
140 Posts
you wont see much over 90mph w.ur 2007 f8...mine will only do 90mph w/dd clutchin,dd y-pipe,bulleyes and timing key...my buddies wont do over 90 either...a/c better get there shit together on the f8 bc they are JUNK!

·
Premium Member
38,064 Posts
The girlfriends stock F8 was about the same with 150 miles on it. I took it to a field that had a 2 mile straight stretch and made 8-10 passes at wide open throttle back to back. Saw 104 on the last 4 runs. Runs that speed consistently and have seen 107 once.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Put the F1000 gears in it and then work on some extra hp to pull them...Then the F8 will move ![/b]
Hey Cross Country. I have D&D trail port,pipe,y,bulls eyes,key,BD box,clutching on 07 F8,Thinking about a gear change,D&D told me the 1000 gear was to high.They reconmend 08 F8 gear. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I've you've got some extra hp I think it's going to waste with the stock gearing. I would say the F1000 gearing is a logical next step for you. I've ridden a fairly stock F8 with the F10 gears and it ran really well. You may have to play with your clutching but in the end it will work well for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts