Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys what's up, I finally received my F7 SP yesterday, and I have 18 miles on it, how much longer should I go untill it's broken in, I haven't been driving past half throttle but I have been giving it wots every now and then, any body know???
thanks guys

·
Registered
696 Posts
One tank of pre-mix gas should do it. (around 100-150 miles) Don't get crazy, but don't be afraid to beat on it a little...that's why you bought it! ;) Make sure to get all of your updates too!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Ride 5 miles listen for odd noises, stop check fuilds are ok, and no loose hardware, than ride it like you intend to ride.

Done all my sleds including my F7 that way with no problem.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think he means WOT....
But i think you should drive like you are doing right now for one tank of gas and thake it some what easy on the second tank to. Just avoid long time WOT on the lake and drive normaly just not to static.....

·
Administrator
20,835 Posts
I agree with Earl in the checking on everything, but I still run it through the first tank of pre-mix without going WOT (or "to the bar" as MBrennan says). I've got just over 1300 miles on mine, and no engine problems (knock on wood!!).

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alrighty, well thanks a lot guys, sure helps, she's sounding better everytime I get on there, she needs a lot of warmup though, as it is approx -25/-30 without windchill today, I had to wait a couple weeks and my dealer gave me a firecat helmet ($370) for free, he's not such a bastard after all :)

you can go 100 to 150 miles on one tank? umm....?

·
Administrator
20,835 Posts
If you've got an F7, and you're struggling to get 100 miles out of it per tank, something is wrong. I'm not getting great mileage, but it's in the 12-13 mpg, and that equates to roughly 140 miles per tank of gas.

Chris

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not very knowledgable with the machanics of a machine, wish I were but maybe in time, what specifically should I be checking for during/after break-in period??

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
check how much oil you are using, track tension, make sure your heat exchangers are getting hot and let it warm up before you take off in the morning!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Other things to check would be making sure all bolts are tight and besides checking track tension, it is also important to check track alignment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts