Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this info is VERY interesting. As I have been reading through my 2003 Arctic Cat Performance Manual, it states that the "proper" break-in fuel recommendation for the EFI sleds is to NOT pre-mix any oil with the gasoline and that the dealer should run the sled with the oil pump in full open for 3-4 minutes is the correct proceedure. Maybe this is why people are having "stalling" situations due to the "Smart Valves" getting clogged.

Also, I wonder why there was a big red cardboard warning on the filler cap of my EFI sled that stated a warning of making SURE that a pre-mix gasoline IS used for initial break-in period.......

It seems that there is NO consistenty of this issue :unsure:
-John

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
I am on my ninth efi Cat and never pre-mixed. My dealer still does not pre-mix efis's. It was a no no until Cat started with the pre-mix tags last year. Last year was the first year with problems with the smart valves. Mmmmmmmm

·
Registered
369 Posts
I was told NOT to run premix. Dealer said warranty will cover if there is a problem. :wacko:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
:rolleyes: My Dealer told me to pre-mix for first tank... Road and trail in Trego Wisc. There a high volume dealer with Arctic-cat for that area... They also gave an extra set of plugs with the sled... I think its still a good idea to do... whats one tank-full...

Steve

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yeah, that dealer up in Trego, Wild River Road and Trail, nice people. They took care of me once. sold me 2 sleds, but no fcat, he wanted too much money for it. I would take my sled there for warranty work if i was in the area.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
My dealer told me not to premix , EFI only, did not bother to post weeks ago , last time i tried to share info from him i got the , o ya another knowledgable dealer!

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
did any of you actually read the OWNERS MANUAL, maybe you should start flippin some pages :blink:

·
Registered
242 Posts
My dealer sold me two EFI sled with a full tank of premix in each. Cleaning the valves is a pain. I hope one tank wo't effect it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts