Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How Many Miles Do You THink It Will Take To Break In A 2005 F6 EFI. Should I Ride Slow ANd Not Hard On It. Or Ride Fast And Give It A Work Out

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Well if you use the search option you will be able to find alot of info out. But heres my opinion. I like to take it easy for the first 100 miles. Put it through different heat cycles, which means every once in awhile give it a wide open throttle for 2-3 seconds then let off. There will be alot of opinions on how to do this though. But i like my way. The most important thing is really the warm up. Let it warm up for 10 mins before your ride. Its really important to get it up to operating temperature before riding.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I break mine in hard. I break them in the way i am going to ride my sled and never had an engine failure or a shitty running sled. Hope you injoy your new sled. :firecats_rule:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
yup i like the coolers to be warm to the touch from idling on the track stand and slowly bringing the sled up to temp. give it a few blasts every minute or so, so it doesnt load up to bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Thanks For The Help. I Ride Hard So I Probably Go Kinda Hard On The Engine

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
I always break my sleds in hard, and have never had a problem, that being said, I tell every one to be sure the sled is up to temp (rh board edge warm) then just ride it being sure to vary the throttle, and no extended WFO for the first tank of fuel. After that just let 'er rip

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I Want To Find A Way To Break It In That Makes The Sled Fast. Cuz I Didn't Spend 6 Grand For A Slow Sled

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Krom I Liked What You Said, What Kind Of Sled Do YOu Have And How Fast Have You Got It Up Too

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Well I Want To Find A Way To Break It In That Makes The Sled Fast. Cuz I Didn't Spend 6 Grand For A Slow Sled[/b]
well there is no proven way to break your sled in that will make it faster. You just have to warm it up really good. Once its at operating temps i dont think there is much change between the 2 ways of breaking it in.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
I pick the new sled up at the dealer and go right to the lake and do a proper break in. get the belt and hyfax and rings seated. No wide open bursts and no baby driving the first tank of gas. That and run it in proper snow conditions. After that's done then it's time to see how fast she goes. :banana:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
well get the rings seated first, run it on a track stand get it up to a normal temp shut it off let cool etc.. only takes about 5-6 cycles of this to get rings seated you WILL notice it will get harder to pull over(more comp.) then a tank of gas varying rpm's and some wide open blasts and it will be good to go!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey CJT How Long Should I Keep It Runing And How Fast Should I GO And How Many Times Do I Need To Do THis To Get Rings Seated

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Originally posted by spez@Oct 9 2005, 04:11 PM
Well if you use the search option you will be able to find alot of info out. But heres my opinion. I like to take it easy for the first 100 miles. Put it through different heat cycles, which means every once in awhile give it a wide open throttle for 2-3 seconds then let off. There will be alot of opinions on how to do this though. But i like my way. The most important thing is really the warm up. Let it warm up for 10 mins before your ride. Its really important to get it up to operating temperature before riding.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=918295
[/quote]
:werd:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.