Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was changing my junk boggie wheels and noticed that the brand new hi-fax that i put on 3 weeks ago are completely gone there only like 1/8 of an inch from going through. track tention is loose if anything and its only worn 3/4 of the way back, there good up front and in the verry back. has this happend to anyone else?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Are you riding on any snow? J/K. If you ride in low snow or hard pack, you might want to invest in a pair of ice scratchers that mount to your ski's. That sounds pretty weird that they wore out that fast.

·
Registered
452 Posts
are your limiter straps pulled way up? your track is loose now probably because you just wore out 3/8 of slides. take you skid out and check for anything bent, that's what happened to me, but I was just wearing on one side

·
Registered
250 Posts
Install a set of low snow wheels on the front of the skid. Cost about $60 bucks, but don't wear out slides when snow is hard or skinny.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well my limiter straps are broke, my skid has cracks in it on the top side about where the hi-fax wore the most, and i was told that since my boggie wheels were torn up and all the rubber was ripped off them, it could also be the reason. dont worry ive always had good luck with this sled. one time in the u.p my tie rods came loose and mu skis slowly turned pointing in wards and soon i was holding my handle bars at a 45* angle to go strait. i had 3 studs go through my track, my friend hit a truck with it the first snow i put it on, my voltage regulato r went out and is now on back order, and my wiring harness is melted, sled has never let me down.

G

·
well my limiter straps are broke, my skid has cracks in it on the top side about where the hi-fax wore the most, and i was told that since my boggie wheels were torn up and all the rubber was ripped off them, it could also be the reason. dont worry ive always had good luck with this sled. one time in the u.p my tie rods came loose and mu skis slowly turned pointing in wards and soon i was holding my handle bars at a 45* angle to go strait. i had 3 studs go through my track, my friend hit a truck with it the first snow i put it on, my voltage regulato r went out and is now on back order, and my wiring harness is melted, sled has never let me down.[/b]
ouch :russian_roulette:

·
Registered
28 Posts
well my limiter straps are broke, my skid has cracks in it on the top side about where the hi-fax wore the most, and i was told that since my boggie wheels were torn up and all the rubber was ripped off them, it could also be the reason. dont worry ive always had good luck with this sled. one time in the u.p my tie rods came loose and mu skis slowly turned pointing in wards and soon i was holding my handle bars at a 45* angle to go strait. i had 3 studs go through my track, my friend hit a truck with it the first snow i put it on, my voltage regulato r went out and is now on back order, and my wiring harness is melted, sled has never let me down.[/b]

Had the same happen at the end of last season. Slides , wheels , rails , scissor . Pulled skid added ripsaw did all bearings $800-
hope for trouble free year. Have fun.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Holy bad New Year!
So much for that preventive maintenance program.......

·
Registered
22 Posts
the skids on the artic cat sleds are horrible holes getting rounded out rails breaking the other thing you should check are your clips on your track those can do some wonderful damage and ima not going to start with the idler wheels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts