Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the thread pitch is on the brake light switch? I heard you can use a motorcycle switch.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Yes i just replaced mine yesterday. I will try and find the part number.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
This is it here:

You also need the 2 sealing washers from polaris. I used 1 or 2 of the aluminum crush washers that came with the switch too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone know what the thread pitch is on the brake light switch? I heard you can use a motorcycle switch.
I think all 2001-2004 pro-x sleds used a unique pressure brake switch that is a one off part because it is incorporated into the banjo bolt on the master cylinder.

I just went through this with my 02 pro-x 440. The switch went bad and is no longer made by polaris. I was unable to find a used one so I ended up installing a brake lever/master cylinder from an IQR. Bolted right up to the handle bars and brake line. Just had to wire up the switch since the factory connectors are different. I was able to find an IQR brake lever/master cylinder with switch off ebay for $65 shipped. A slightly more expensive route, but I never have to worry about the switch failing and not being able to find a replacement. The IQR uses the common mechanical brake switch found on pretty much all edge to current Polaris sleds.

I havent ridden the sled yet so I cant verify how it works with the pro-x caliper, but the caliper part# from the pro-x cross references to the caliper on an IQR so Id imagine it will work same as before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is it here:

You also need the 2 sealing washers from polaris. I used 1 or 2 of the aluminum crush washers that came with the switch too.

Wish I knew this before swapping the brake lever/master out lol

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
YAAAAAAY!

Thanks for this. I got a bad one on one of my three Prox's. I'm selling one sled and my kid wants to swap out the bad brake switch from his sled to the one I'm selling.

Trying to use this as a teachable moment. I would rather spend $20 than stiff a guy.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts