Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes squeal a lot. Was going to try automotive type anti squeal goo for the back of the pads, but wondered if anybody else has this problem and if so have they found a fix?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've got the same problem. I don't know how to fix it, but I hope it just goes away after I get some real miles on the sled.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have over 700 miles and the squeak started but only occassionally. Comes and goes. Must get wet sometimes? :wacko:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah - I was hoping it would go away too - about 500 mile so far and still there :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
I`ve almost 800 miles and my brakes have sqeekt from the begining, but I just have to go to the dealer. They have said they will fix it.
I`ve heard there is a break in period on the breaks. If you break in the breaks wrong the will sqeek. <_<

·
Registered
23 Posts
MOST OF IT IS FROM MOISTURE OR CONDENSATION-BRAKE ROTOR OR PADS GET A SLIGHT GLAZING OR
RUST ON SURFACE AND MAKE THE SQUEAL NOISE- A QUICK FIX IS TO PULL PADS OUT AND SCUFF THEM WITH A LIGHT SAND PAPER-OR BEVEL THE EDGES-WORKED FOR ME

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by dd700@Jan 17 2003, 08:08 PM
i have the same problem 450 miles but rob come on no one wants to ride a polaris when they have a firecat
I know that, but its a good thing to do just as a reminder ;) ^_^ :rolleyes:
WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! :eek: :blink:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Does your guys brake squel while your applying the brakes? or when you are just moving. Mine started squeeling when im not touching the brakes. It normal to have brakes squel when you release the brakes, Its just the pads staring to move away from the disk.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
700 miles on my F7 and the brakes are still squealing when coming to a slow light stop. They never sqeal when not using the brakes, and never squeal at higher speeds and harder breaking. I tried lightly sanding the surface of the brake pads before a short 70 miles ride today, but that didn't seem to do anything so far. Still looking for some ideas that might work. Here's a couple links on this subect FYI, but don't know how or if the info can be applied to our snowmobile braking system:

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gorf/bmwtips/br...rakesqueal.html

http://www.carcareonline.com/squealing_brakes.html

-- Roy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts