Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 cfr 8 has exactly 4500 miles on it, 139.6 hrs, and im wondering when the brake side drieshaft bearing needs changing. Ive got a brand new diamond drive in it as of last year, its got about 1500 miles on it. Ive got the sled for sale cause Ive got a 14 800rr waiting for me, providing i sell this sled. If it dont sell ill be riding it one more winter, and have never kept a sled over the 4000 mile mark. Is it needed, preventative, or generally do they last longer? Just wondering before i do the job

I average 1500 miles a year, so if i keep it it will have approx 6000 at season end, fyi

thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mine came apart at 2200 Miles, thank god I was close to home. Took it all apart and put some NTN bearings in there, hope they last a while.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, guess ill just do it, ive already got the skid out to check it, and both clutchs are off and exhaust out to repaint, jobs half done already!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I decided to do the job and change them, pretty straight forward on getting it all disassembled. Both bearings in the brake housing are abit rough, was just a matter of time by the looks of them! Bought two good quality aftermarket ones from a bearing place in town, abit more cash but a lot better quality bearing. Now the sled will be ready to ride, for me or the new owner!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts