Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Fusion 900 I was riding two days ago and brake lights were working fine. Started up this afternoon and tested everything before beginning a long afternoon/evening of riding to find that NONE of my brake lights are working. The one on the console is out as well as both at the rear.

I have tested the bulbs themselves by running 12v through them and they work fine. Tested at the connection under the seat once again running 12v through it and they work fine. Took the brake light switch out and tested it with a 12v battery and test light, works fine. Jumped the connection with the snowmobile running at the brake light switch connection and did not get brake lights. Also am not getting any voltage to the brake light switch. Have taken the seat and gas tank off to trace the wires back to the PCM and have not found any broken or bare wires.

I believe the issue is with the wiring from the brake light switch connection to its power source but have once again not found anything that would indicate a source for the problem.

Has anyone had this issue and/or a solution to help resolve this issue.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had a similar problem once and it turned out to be a connector in front of the tank on the left... I don't recall all the details but I believe it is a white plug that has two orange wires going into a single contact on the connector. I believe one of the wires was the power and the other was supposed to make a contact connection within the connector in order to supply the brake light with power. I used a knife or very small screw driver to pull the wires (and conacts) out of the connector, cleaned them and put it all back together....problem solved....

This happened on a 2005 polaris fusion.

Hope this helps.

found the old post...check out the last post:

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/446-fusion/559220-brake-light-inop.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pulled the orange wires out of the white connector. I at least get lights now when I jump the brake light switch connector. I hope that this solves my problem. Not a very good design having the two male connector ends placed into a connector with no female end to hold them. I have a few female end connectors so thinking that I will see if one will work to hold them in place better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help sloan188. I took a female end and put it in the connector opposite the orange wires. That helped to hold them together tightly and maintain a good connection.

Put the entire thing back together last night, tested and worked good, went for about a 30 mile ride and by the time I got home brake lights were not working. Pulled the handle bars apart again, jumped the switch connection and sure enough brake lights were back on. So today I am going to tear apart the switch and figure out if there is a way to rebuild it. Local dealer wants $75 for it. Cannot be too difficult. Should only be a spring that pushes two leads together when you pull the lever.

Once again thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Sorry to catch this too late.

That switch was very common to fail for most within the 1st or second year from new on the 05 900's. You'll find the threads on this early on the Fusion forum.

I tried to run the # on the switch itself to find a cheaper source to no avail. Pretty expensive.

Any how, good news, most have not had to relace ever again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hope this isn't too late, but ran into this problem first out this year on my 05 900 fusion.

I picked up a new brakelight switch from babbitts online and it was $53.29 but of course that was before shipping.....

It was part #2202786

Good luck!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have kind of the same problem my runing lights will work but not when I squeeze the break, brake light dose not come on dash or rear.I don't mean to be a thread stealer, where is this orange whit connector? Do I have to pull tank and seat?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts