Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my brake lever on a 02 ZR 800 EFI. The problem is that when I need to use the brakes I have to pull the brake lever about half way back before the pads begin to grab. Sometimes when I need to get on the brakes hard my fingers actually get in the way. It started doing this last year so I replaced pads and flushed out fluid with new, and have blead several times thinking air in system with no help. Is there an adjustment somewhere or what to do to fix this problem.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
there is no adjustment, hydraulic disc brakes are self adjusting. if there is definately no air in the line and the pads are moving freely and are not worn on an angle the square cut seals inside the caliper might be pulling back too far. on mine a few years ago i pumped up the brakes and while holding the lever on put a brake hose clamp on the hose to hold the brakes on and let it sit for a few minutes. travel was back to normal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys. Deffinately will be lookin to replace, kinda scary when you need to hit the brakes in a left hand turn and I'm hanging out on the end of the bars.

·
Premium Member
12,762 Posts
Thanks for the replys. Deffinately will be lookin to replace, kinda scary when you need to hit the brakes in a left hand turn and I'm hanging out on the end of the bars.[/b]
Since it normally takes one a light two finger pull I ran into the same thing..........went to brake for a corner and had my other fingers squished under the lever with little to no brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts