Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Heading up to ride next Saturday and Sunday 18th/19th.

Looking for good trail rides to take out of Boyne Falls..

Also looking for any good bars to stop at on the trails.

Looks like plenty of snow! woohoo

Wildmann

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi,

Wildmann[/b]

I get Boyne falls and Boyne Highlands confused all the time but in that area the Moose Jaw is pretty neat and it is a nice ride to it. It is on the trail, you can go to www.sledtheweb.com and click on the trail map and it should show it. There is another place and the name excapes me right now, but it it on the east end of the Jordan river valley trail and they are very sled freindly, right along the expressway where the groomer starts from, nice place as well

good luck

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
I get Boyne falls and Boyne Highlands confused all the time but in that area the Moose Jaw is pretty neat and it is a nice ride to it. It is on the trail, you can go to www.sledtheweb.com and click on the trail map and it should show it. There is another place and the name excapes me right now, but it it on the east end of the Jordan river valley trail and they are very sled freindly, right along the expressway where the groomer starts from, nice place as well

good luck[/b]
Larrys Seven-Ski Inn...great place and The Green Lantern isn't far away. As for Boyne Falls I think you'd want to hit Jakes Place.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hi,

Wildmann[/b]
Boyne Falls really has no trails out of town, closest trail is probably 5 or 6 miles. If you are staying in a Boyne Falls motel you really have two options. Option 1 if good snow, you can ride along the ditch and parallel roads to 131 south about 6 miles and get to the Jordan Valley trail, Northbound trail, or the south trail next to 131 once you hit Larry's in Elmira. Option 2 if roads are plowed, trailer 6 miles south to Larry's and unload. Plenty of parking and is the intersection of three trails. You can head east on some roads from just south of Boyne Falls to get to the northbound trail. You need good snow and a good county road map will show you how to get to the northbound trail. The north trail is wooded and many curves, seldom groomed and sometimes plowed for logging. If you do head north, Springbrook Golf club has good food and had gas last year. I have not been there this year so I can not confirm gas. Have fun

·
Registered
464 Posts
Boyne Falls really has no trails out of town, closest trail is probably 5 or 6 miles. If you are staying in a Boyne Falls motel you really have two options. Option 1 if good snow, you can ride along the ditch and parallel roads to 131 south about 6 miles and get to the Jordan Valley trail, Northbound trail, or the south trail next to 131 once you hit Larry's in Elmira. Option 2 if roads are plowed, trailer 6 miles south to Larry's and unload. Plenty of parking and is the intersection of three trails. You can head east on some roads from just south of Boyne Falls to get to the northbound trail. You need good snow and a good county road map will show you how to get to the northbound trail. The north trail is wooded and many curves, seldom groomed and sometimes plowed for logging. If you do head north, Springbrook Golf club has good food and had gas last year. I have not been there this year so I can not confirm gas. Have fun[/b]
I ride there all the time. but what are the snow conditions right now? is 76 rideable and how about north over by indian river? any good?

thanks

·
Registered
701 Posts
Any information on the question above. I am staying here this weekend and I'm not the best with directions!

·
Registered
271 Posts
we put on about 250 miles last weekend around Gaylord- lakes of the north-wolverine-elmira-Boyne falls- The only bad spots were trail #76 north of Larry's seven ski in going toward wolverine there is a bridge out and they have trail closed signs up and they are not gromming #76 up there real rough.... then we had someone plow trail #765 down to nearly dirt with there plow for a couple miles!!! we had good snow for most of our ride and there was no one up there last weekend! don't think I'll mess with this weekend up there it will be a crazy weekend!!! Springbrook Golf course is usally a good place to stop and eat up there but herd he is only open some times now! another place to stop and eat A CHEAP MEAL and support your sport is the Antrim Snowmobile club in alba>> We stop in and get a POP and a Chili or dog and hit the trail they are quick and youll be on the trail faster than if you stop at a resturant...they got good clean bathrooms inside also! my wife appreciates that! and a portajohn outside all the time after hours for the sledders....

·
Registered
889 Posts
I was just at Boyne Mnt last weekend and got home today. A weekend with the kids and family skiing and waterpark, no snowmobiling. The hostess at the restaurant in downtown Boyne Falls said the snowmobile trail ran right behind the restaurant. I didn't see it though, and didn't find it on the maps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thunder Mountain is now a camp for handicapped kids and there are NO SNOWMOBILE signs all over.[/b]
Thunder Mountain is NOT a camp for handicapped kids to ski at, that is Walloon Hills old resort that is used by the kids. Thunder Mountain property was purchased by a guy who tore down the old lodge and built a log home on the southern end of the property. All posted and private property. To the question of trails in and out of Boyne Falls there are none, just the side of the rode.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts