Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a sound meter this past week to check out what my sleds are running as far as db's. I figured for $30 it would be a good tool to check sound levels on sleds against the state law of 88db's. Ranges from 50 to 126 db's. Company is out of Michigan. Had it two days after ordering.

http://www.techtoolsupply.com/index.asp?Pa...&ProdID=311

·
Premium Member
4,003 Posts
I bought a sound meter this past week to check out what my sleds are running as far as db's. I figured for $30 it would be a good tool to check sound levels on sleds against the state law of 88db's. Ranges from 50 to 126 db's. Company is out of Michigan. Had it two days after ordering.

http://www.techtoolsupply.com/index.asp?Pa...&ProdID=311[/b]
well you breaking the law ???

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Make sure you set it to the A freq weighting as this is the "govt. standard" for all OSHA and environmental testing levels and it's spelled out in the NYS law. Now that you have that meter is good for more than your sled. If you have a home theater setup, use it to set the correct sound levels at your listening position. It will make a BIG difference in how your system sounds. You can also use it to get free pizza and beer at your friends house when you tell them you have a tool to tune their systems also, they buy the beer and pizza! Doug

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well you breaking the law ???[/b]
The S-cat is still all stock but who knows how loud my 73 El tigre is, and also we can now check other sleds we ride with that have pipes, cans, etc on them.

Make sure you set it to the A freq weighting as this is the "govt. standard" for all OSHA and environmental testing[/b]
Thanks for the tip NY.

·
Registered
252 Posts
where do you keep it when you ride :eek:oh4: just kidding i have one as well but have never tried it on my sled i used it in my music studio you can get them at any good music center not a bad price you paid i bought mine about 5 years ago for around the same price

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OCM, I sent you a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts