Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an F5 Sno Pro edition last week. On the first ride I didn't notice any bottoming, but then on my second and third when I really started to pound the moguls it bottomed fairly frequently. I have the torsion springs at the stiffest setting too, but it isn't keeping it from bottoming when I hit the 2-3 ft deep moguls at 50-65--I'm assuming this is normal? What can I do to fix it, just buy stiffer springs I suppose?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't know for sure about the f-5, but I know my f-7 snopro was too soft. I put on the stiffer springs,which are off of the zr 900,they have 1 more coil. My rear suspension is awesome now. :p

S

·
0 Posts
I have the same sled. I ended up putting the 20% spring valving upgrade on it. I love it now. It's kinda rough under 30mph but who drives that slow? If you want more info just email me.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So where can I get this 20% upgrade. Would my dealer know what I was talking about if I talked to him about it?

·
Registered
530 Posts
i would just go with stiffer valving and run a light weight oil for faster rebound. Also you could try stiffer springs and maybe try some different torsion springs or even torsion spring blocks with more preload adjustments. Its all in how stiff you want it. If u are skying take all the necessary precautions and valve it really stiff and get stiffer springs and put more preload on it.

S

·
0 Posts
Search "snowblind" for the last three months i have a few posts on this, with some other guys views as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i'm 145 pounds and i ran into the same problem when i was pounding on the 2-3 foot high moguls. i went with a 225 pound spring-straight rate on the front arm and the problem went away. the rear springs and shock are stiff enough it is just the front arm spring that is the problem, you might want to try that.

·
Registered
125 Posts
screw the 20% kit i had that and i still had that thing bottomin out like crazy i had all my shocks revalved and had the 440 snopro valving put in them and it works good now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts