Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to pick up a BOSS seat for my sled and BOSS shows only one dealer for their stuff in the province. Has anyone bought from "Sledwrecks Parts & Accessories" in Gimli?

Just curious if they're reputable or not. How long does delivery of the seat take from time of order?

Any other general comments? I'm surprised nobody else sells their stuff?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
for a long time my dad was looking for a boss seat and talked to the guy from gimli a lot. turns out if you want one from him it takes 8 weeks to arrive. :dunno: so instead ray from gimli told my dad about this guy who bought a boss seat for his summit but then found out that his summit came with a 440x seat which is taller and my dad bought his boss seat. now we have the saeat barely used for sale because my dads rev is gone. i know you dont need a rev seat but if you know of anybody looking to buy one, we got it. but the guy from ginli is very good. deal with him and tell him the guy from FlatOutFilms sent you :div20: haha

·
Registered
118 Posts
for a long time my dad was looking for a boss seat and talked to the guy from gimli a lot. turns out if you want one from him it takes 8 weeks to arrive. :dunno: so instead ray from gimli told my dad about this guy who bought a boss seat for his summit but then found out that his summit came with a 440x seat which is taller and my dad bought his boss seat. now we have the saeat barely used for sale because my dads rev is gone. i know you dont need a rev seat but if you know of anybody looking to buy one, we got it. but the guy from ginli is very good. deal with him and tell him the guy from FlatOutFilms sent you :div20: haha[/b]

I sold the seat to a guy with the Summit here and he decided he wanted the 440 seat with the red instead, Boss is swamped now and delivery would be around the end of Feb early March, unless some dealer has stock on them, I don't believe that Ray told your dad about the seat but no matter your dad got one anyways. I've sold alot of seats and haven't had any complaints yet except for Boss's delivery times. Best time to order is in the spring, Boss will garuantee delivery then, and there is usually a price break then. If you guys have any questions gimme a call 204-996-5704 Willy.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks for the reply Willy! I had no idea you posted here or I would have PM'd you. I just saw this on Boss' website after filling out what I wanted:

NOTE: Due to increased demand during winter months, the estimated production date for seats ordered today is 3/13/2007[/b]
Needless to say, I won't be ordering one at this point. I'll get ahold of you in the spring and you can set me up.

Anyone have a Pro X shorty they want to sell? Black and silver or black and red!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Willy's a great guy to deal with :beerchug:

·
Registered
924 Posts
If you're looking for a lightweight, closed-cell foam seat, there is always HMP out of alberta, HMPseats.ca I believe. They are about $600 or so, and still have a waiting list, but they are good quality and canadian made. I talked with him a while ago about getting a seat, found out price and wait time, so now I am going to try to constuct my own, probably over the summer. Just going to pick up some ldpe (polyethylene) packing foam from a packing material manufacturer, make a big block out of it and carve it up with an electric knife. Then cut some of the old seat foam for a cushion insert, and send it out to get upholstered. The foam is cheap to buy, and there's lots of good upholstry places around. If it works out, it should save about $500.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.