Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A BOSS FLAT TOP ON THE WAY AND WILL BE RECIEVING IT NEXT WEEK, I WILL POST PICS FOR ALL OF YOU TO SEE ...THEY ARE CUSTOM DESIGNING ONE TO MATCH MY WEIGHT, HEIGHT AND RIDING STYLE.....HOW COOL IS THAT.

WILL UPDATE SOON PLEASE STAY TUNED ....SEEMS LIKE IT IS REALLY GONNA BE SWEET.

BRIAN :D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I WILL BE THE FIRST TO HAVE IT ON A FIRECAT...SO NO YOU CAN'T LOOK AT IT ONLINE BUT I WILL POST HERE NEXT WEEK WITH PICS OF IT ...

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Originally posted by firecat513@Jan 7 2003, 04:38 PM
I HAVE A BOSS FLAT TOP ON THE WAY AND WILL BE RECIEVING IT NEXT WEEK, I WILL POST PICS FOR ALL OF YOU TO SEE ...THEY ARE CUSTOM DESIGNING ONE TO MATCH MY WEIGHT, HEIGHT AND RIDING STYLE.....HOW COOL IS THAT.

WILL UPDATE SOON PLEASE STAY TUNED ....SEEMS LIKE IT IS REALLY GONNA BE SWEET.

BRIAN :D
I hope you ordered the seat directly through Boss. I ordered mine through Bruce at Tracks USA. It took 6 weeks. Boss is filling orders through their headquarters in Utah first. All orders through dealers get second call. I found that out after several calls to Boss. Very nice seat but crappy service.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$488.00 CUSTOM DESIGNED FOR YOUR HEIGHT, WEIGHT AND RIDING STYLE

HERE IS A PICTURE OF IT OFF OF THE SLED...THIS IS THE ONE SPECIFICALLY FOR THE FIRECAT...I WILL REPOST WITH INSTALLED PICS NEXT WEEK

Attachments

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ORDERED DIRECTLY THROUGH THE FACTORY ...PEOPLE WERE GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL...CAN'T WAIT TO GET THE SEAT...I WOULD ORDER DIRECTLY THROUGH BOSS...TALK TO SAMANTHA ABOUT ORDERING...GREAT GAL...VERY HELPFUL :D

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SORRY ABOUT THAT PIC....ITS JUST A TAD BIG...HOPE IT HELPS EVERYONE THOUGH

·
Registered
720 Posts
Wow!! $488. That is a lot for a seat. I stick with put my cash into speed mods. Let us know how you like it though. For that kind of money it should feel like you are riding on a Cadillac. :mellow:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
from what i'm hearing... i believe it will ride like a caddy.... remember the oem will always build a seat to fit the mass while these guys are custom designing it to fit height, weight, and riding style...the seat can be made to be 1 - 2 inches taller than your standard seat depending on your riding style...i spent about 20 minutes on the phone with the engineer questioning me about my height, weight, and riding style...so if its custom built it should ride great...as far as sliding off...i ride so far foward i never even touch the back of the seat anyway....and thats what they make handlebars for ...to hold on too......they do also make the traditional style of seat although that is also custom built to you. i'll try it and report back to you all....but from what i have heard from others and boss themselves i believe i will be very happy.... :D

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Originally posted by firecat513@Jan 7 2003, 06:30 PM
from what i'm hearing... i believe it will ride like a caddy.... remember the oem will always build a seat to fit the mass while these guys are custom designing it to fit height, weight, and riding style...the seat can be made to be 1 - 2 inches taller than your standard seat depending on your riding style...i spent about 20 minutes on the phone with the engineer questioning me about my height, weight, and riding style...so if its custom built it should ride great...as far as sliding off...i ride so far foward i never even touch the back of the seat anyway....and thats what they make handlebars for ...to hold on too......they do also make the traditional style of seat although that is also custom built to you. i'll try it and report back to you all....but from what i have heard from others and boss themselves i believe i will be very happy.... :D
Don't worry. You'll love the seat. I've got over 400 miles on my Flattop. It's awesome for standup riding and where one knee rests on on the seat. That nut pad is designed to place your knee on. It'll jack up your center of gravity while kneeling. Really allows a lot of leverage to cut while riding powder. When riding the moguls I like to ride way forward on the hump. It changes the entire personality of the sled. Very easy to transition from sit to stand position. I'll never have another sled without one. It also saved 7 pounds.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by actionfigurejoe+Jan 7 2003, 06:48 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-firecat513
@Jan 7 2003, 06:30 PM
Don't worry. You'll love the seat. I've got over 400 miles on my Flattop. It's awesome for standup riding and where one knee rests on on the seat. That nut pad is designed to place your knee on. It'll jack up your center of gravity while kneeling. Really allows a lot of leverage to cut while riding powder. When riding the moguls I like to ride way forward on the hump. It changes the entire personality of the sled. Very easy to transition from sit to stand position. I'll never have another sled without one. It also saved 7 pounds.[/b]
thanks action....good to have a vote of confidence...i too think i will be happy ..time will tell...but i like what i see so far

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey thanks GF7PE that is much better....i appreciate that ...

brian

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
called boss three times, they promised to e-mail me a pic and never did, so i'll spend my money elsewhere
i hope they read this site, they just lost a 488 dollar sale,
gonna try t he seat wedge from outdoor shop

·
Registered
46 Posts
same here dave cat 7. Ive been calling alot even told them i want to order and still nothing. Went out and bought a wedge

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I CALLED AND GOT AHOLD OF THEM RIGHT AWAY AND I BELIEVE ITS GONNA BE WORTH IT...THE WEDGE SEEMS LIKE IT WILL PUSH YOU FORWARD INTO THE TANK, IT HAS TO ...LOOK AT THE WAY ITS SET UP...I REALLY DON'T THINK I WOULD LIKE THAT ...WHILE THE BOSS SEAT RAISES UP THE SEAT WHILE STILL MAINTAINING THE FEEL OF A REGULAR SEAT. I THOUGHT LONG AND HARD ABOUT WHICH ONE AND FINALLY DECIDED ON THE BOSS BASED ON THE PROJECTED FEEL OF THE SEAT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts