Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has some experience with this trail I'd like to check it out. I've heard to be very careful of the granite pillars. :uzi:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has some experience with this trail I'd like to check it out. I've heard to be very careful of the granite pillars. :uzi:[/b]

the border trail along NB is a trail and is leagal to ride. It's a pretty good trail lots of hills and some good views. As far as the quebec border I think there was posts on here a while ago saying it's off limits to sleds. I'm sure someone on here will have more info.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Are we talking about ITS 81 along the canadian border? I rode that trail a couple of weeks ago and it was groomed and a nice ride. I was not aware that it's not legal. It's on the map as a United States trail. Although when you come back you are on the canadian side a couple of times but had no issues. The Granite markers are well marked and if you stay on the trail you won't hit them unless you are out of control.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
The trail is awesome and a legal ITS, we always do the caribou to limestone to van burnen(fuel) to st agatha (lakeview rest/fuel) to st claire(fuel) loop.
Just stay on the trail, there can be drifts and bumps at the bottom of the hills.
Have ridden it many times and going south during a sunset is really nice.
Watch for moose.
105 has logging right now, check mesnow trail conditions for updates.
Picture is from the customs building looking south after a big snow this past holiday week.

If you want to ride the awesome new brunswick trails for $30, check out the International Snowmobile Festival, I am going Jan 30-Feb 3, madawaska staying at the gateway. Always an awesome time

·
Registered
405 Posts
800 IQ,
I will be heading up to Rangeley this weekend and know some folks who ride the border cut. It is great riding, boondock style...not fast trail style.
PM me and maybe we can meet up.
Neil

·
Registered
108 Posts
Groomed all the way to Stop sign
[attachment=416326:normal_IMAG0080.jpg][/b]
Please tell me were this picture is taken is the border cut by Rangley/oquossoc/bosebuck?Or is this way up on the border in the county Caribou/?? Thanx buddy that picture is bad A$# and thats what kinda riding im looking for any Help.?????..Rocky

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was refering to the border trail near Rangeley. STOP SIGN? :dunno:? So I won't get hauled off by the fish cops from the dark side. :flag_canada: :white_flag:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The Caswell/Van Buren/Limestone trail is perfectly legal, I think these guys are talking about the downstate border trail where it gets a little under the radar riding

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
Was wondering if anyone has some experience with this trail I'd like to check it out. I've heard to be very careful of the granite pillars. :uzi:[/b]

FYI.....Not trying to come across as an ass but do a search on this subject. It gets hashed out every year on here. There's tons of info there and most guys that are in the know don't feel like going through the whole deal again.

BTW it's NOT legal to ride this cut but guys do and take chances.

Here's what the pilars look like also...cold steel.

[attachment=416422:pitts_StubHill_036.jpg]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks ajak. I knew about it for years just never been. Talked to guys that rode it and they said when the snow is real deep to watch out for the pillars, thats all.

·
Premium Member
9,814 Posts
Groomed all the way to Stop sign
[attachment=416326:normal_IMAG0080.jpg][/b]
:pointlaugh: I think they went all the way to the first traffic light this year !!!! :yelrotflmao:

I was refering to the border trail near Rangeley. STOP SIGN? :dunno:? So I won't get hauled off by the fish cops from the dark side. :flag_canada: :white_flag:[/b]
If you dont know about the stop sign ....... you better stop now !!!!

So anyone could essentially ride this whole border trail?
WHAT?TRAIL? have you been that way?!!!![/b]
not anyone ........... well not till its beat down in the spring then you could ride it on a 120 sled !!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts