Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for tips...i have a 02 zr 600 efi i just put a clutch kit and v-force reeds and did notice a definate improvement,but i was wondering if anyone knew what else i can do to increase the hp...the new sleds are just so exspensive

·
Registered
156 Posts
looking for tips...i have a 02 zr 600 efi i just put a clutch kit and v-force reeds and did notice a definate improvement,but i was wondering if anyone knew what else i can do to increase the hp...the new sleds are just so exspensive[/b]
I have an 01 600 efi and am in the same boat as you. Although last year i put twin pipes and boondocker efi controller with a clutch kit. It helped alot, but really, there is no replacement for displancement. Go bigger if you want more.

Joey

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS FOR THE HELP...JUST DONT THINK I COULD AFFORD TO INVEST IN A NEW SLED...WHAT DOES THE BOONDOCKER EFI CONTROLLER DO?

·
Registered
156 Posts
THANKS FOR THE HELP...JUST DONT THINK I COULD AFFORD TO INVEST IN A NEW SLED...WHAT DOES THE BOONDOCKER EFI CONTROLLER DO?[/b]
The boondocker modifies the injector pulse to increase or decrease fuel to the engine during differenet rpms. The unit works awesome.

Joey

·
Super Advanced Lummox
17,767 Posts
THANKS FOR THE HELP...JUST DONT THINK I COULD AFFORD TO INVEST IN A NEW SLED...WHAT DOES THE BOONDOCKER EFI CONTROLLER DO?[/b]
Clutch kit $200=good investment
Vforce $200-300=waste of $$$ on a 600
boondockers $400= waste of $$$ on 600

that $800-900

LIKE I SAID FOR THE $$$$ YOU ARE PUTTING INTO THE SLED GET AN 800 ENGINE for it

and it will be 20 times more reliable and easy to tune

and sell your 600 engine and you be ahead

·
Registered
22 Posts
Clutch kit $200=good investment
Vforce $200-300=waste of $$$ on a 600
boondockers $400= waste of $$$ on 600

that $800-900

LIKE I SAID FOR THE $$$$ YOU ARE PUTTING INTO THE SLED GET AN 800 ENGINE for it
and it will be 20 times more reliable and easy to tune

and sell your 600 engine and you be ahead[/b]
What do you have to do to install an 800

·
Premium Member
20,495 Posts
....buy an 800 motor complete and bolt it in. ZR600/ZR800 are the same sleds. easy swap. Not sure it would be worth it though. keep the 600 nice and try and sell it while it is still snowing. then look for a 04 F7 or 03 900...even a 04 900 during the summer.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
....buy an 800 motor complete and bolt it in. ZR600/ZR800 are the same sleds. easy swap. Not sure it would be worth it though. keep the 600 nice and try and sell it while it is still snowing. then look for a 04 F7 or 03 900...even a 04 900 during the summer.[/b]

Stronger is right...600 twins have never cut it for me...buzzy time bombs with stator issues...bad combination. If you get a F7 or 900it is such an improvement you will want to sleep with it....LMAO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts