Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I add a boost bottle to my 98 xc700? Just this year i added v-force reeds and the R1368G needle so I didn't know if a boost bottle would help improve low end? All I'm looking for is to get rid of the low end studder.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Doesn't it have the R1368G already? Or do you mean the R1371G? You will need ti fine tune the air screw, and possibly a pilot change now. Also choke setting is critical as well as proper float settings.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by pockets@Sep 29 2005, 04:46 PM
Doesn't it have the R1368G already? Or do you mean the R1371G? You will need ti fine tune the air screw, and possibly a pilot change now. Also choke setting is critical as well as proper float settings.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=899599
[/quote]

I had the R1371G needle before and I was told to change it to help clear up the low end. Now Ive heard that the boost bottle also helps clear up the low end but some say it doesnt work. Does it make that big of a difference?

·
Registered
17,159 Posts
Tho boost bottle helps clear up the throttle response somewhat , but its also hard on the carb boots, an air leak here may let your engine go squeak...
Had an aluminum boost bottle on my 99 xc7, but now running SLP power paks, they work better I think.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As ivar mentioned- my wifes and sons 2001 600 had boost bottles- both carb boots cracked through from the extra weight and vibration- hers squeaked the engine and crank (caugt his early enough after seeing that) and removed boost bottle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts