Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:Wow1: Looking into buying the Boondockers nitro kit for my F8, my question how safe is it, i do alot of trail riding and dont want to be burning up pistons!

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
They say as long as you keep at at or below a 20HP shot, for limited amounts of time (8 seconds or less I think) at can be pretty safe.
Just set up your clutching to run 200 RPM's below your peak, and then when you hit that magic button you will be right where you want to be, or a little more.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I run lots of juice thru my truck. If your smart with it your not going to have problems. Follow the chart for fuel octain and timing retard for the size of shot your planning on giving it and your set. I'm assuming you Clutch for your naturally asperated engine power and when you hit the juice your engine will pull more rpm's and your power will increase from the juice not fall off.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have been using the boondockers kit since last summer. I went thru 20 bottles last year. The only problem I have is, I wont ride without a full bottle. :div20:

It's been the best investment I have ever made on my sled. :wanna_race:

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Originally posted by Steve & Michelle@Oct 12 2005, 04:16 PM
I have been using the boondockers kit since last summer. I went thru 20 bottles last year. The only problem I have is, I wont ride without a full bottle. :div20:

It's been the best investment I have ever made on my sled. :wanna_race:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=925031
[/quote]

Did you do that on your F5??

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by pimpedrsrage@Oct 12 2005, 10:13 PM
how can u go through 20 bottles in less than 300 miles? :drunk:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=926040
[/quote]

Easy.. I use a 10lb bottle after 5 good hits and a couple 3rd gear burn outs.. Have you ever seen a 4*4 with a 6inch lift and 35inch mudders get 3rd gear doing a smoke show....probably not, but my truck can thanks to nos

·
Registered
515 Posts
ON ICE Racing i have held the button for about 8 sec. come out of the hole let it hook up and hold it the whole ways. i have held the button for about 15 seconds once using trail pump gas. Usually I hold the button about 10 seconds on a big field.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Originally posted by Steve & Michelle@Oct 13 2005, 10:35 PM
ON ICE Racing i have held the button for about 8 sec. come out of the hole let it hook up and hold it the whole ways. i have held the button for about 15 seconds once using trail pump gas. Usually I hold the button about 10 seconds on a big field.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928597
[/quote]

you must get some good top end with that juice hey?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Originally posted by Steve & Michelle@Oct 13 2005, 10:49 PM
My brother in law has a 2003 F-7 with the d&d 757 kit with their clutching and I still beat him. :frech11:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=928629
[/quote]
I found the clutching way off ...same sleds different clutching .don`t say your beating
757 if the guy can`t tune it.. :flush: :lol2: ...What do have for horses maybe 130 for short busts..
mean while I got 160`s plus all the time at full song..... :frech32:
Cape Breton Stock................... :banghead:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts