Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST thought i should post this info i have ,, for this sled... i have receved from D and D racing... if you need more post me ..firecats,,zrs..etc.. these are base guide lines,,

3000 -1..-1..-1
5000 6..4..0
6200 4..2..0
6500 5..5..0
6850 0..0..0
7850 18..18..18

·
Registered
8 Posts
JUST thought i should post this info i have ,, for this sled... i have receved from D and D racing... if you need more post me ..firecats,,zrs..etc.. these are base guide lines,,

3000 -1..-1..-1
5000 6..4..0
6200 4..2..0
6500 5..5..0
6850 0..0..0
7850 18..18..18[/b]
I've seen numbers like this posted. Aren't you skipping the special 7500 RPM setting that Boondockers added for the F1000 boxes. According to Bikeman, that's when the stock fuel system falls off and needs to be boosted.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry ,,,,,7250 4..4..4.. and this is for the trail port as well,, i have manny other set ups as well

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as well if you just have the add ons and no porting change the 7850 .. to trail set up 10..10..10 and for long wide open runs

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Go to ddracing.com tech pages for starting numbers for many combinations. These numbers are updated often, as testing progresses.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Thanks Glenn.

Hey, I just went to the site...do they have anything for the F1000s with just the Y-Pipe and Bullseyes...which is what 99% of us have...that want to safely go 3000' + across the lake?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont think they have that set up,,,, yet,,, but the set up that i posted will be great for a long,,long pull,,, pulled my plugs after a long pull,, and i could have gone much leaner,,, the wash was still rich..,,, but pulled like a train on n.o.s.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Thanks Glenn.

Hey, I just went to the site...do they have anything for the F1000s with just the Y-Pipe and Bullseyes...which is what 99% of us have...that want to safely go 3000' + across the lake?[/b]

3000 0-0-0
5000 0-0-0
6200 0-0-0
6500 0-0-0
6850 0-0-0
7250 0-0-0
7850 0-0-0

How bout that!! LOL

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I don't know if any additional power could be considered "safe" for 3000ft, regardless of fuel. Is the cooling system adequate? belt? track? Scares me! As far as safe air/fuel ratio is concerned, what is safe? A f1000 with y-pipe/bullseyes and no boondocker is still not as lean as a bone stock m-sled/x-fire. So, for f-sled with y-pipe/bullseyes to be as safe as a stock xfire, zeros would be good. It would take about +10 at 7250 on a xfire, to provide same fuel as stock f1000. On f1000, to provide same air/fuel ratio as stock when you install the y-pipe, would take about +3 to +5 at 7250. I suppose if you added enough fuel to drop the power output to stock levels(maybe about +20?), you could consider it as safe as stock.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I don't know if any additional power could be considered "safe" for 3000ft, regardless of fuel. Is the cooling system adequate? belt? track? Scares me! As far as safe air/fuel ratio is concerned, what is safe? A f1000 with y-pipe/bullseyes and no boondocker is still not as lean as a bone stock m-sled/x-fire. So, for f-sled with y-pipe/bullseyes to be as safe as a stock xfire, zeros would be good. It would take about +10 at 7250 on a xfire, to provide same fuel as stock f1000. On f1000, to provide same air/fuel ratio as stock when you install the y-pipe, would take about +3 to +5 at 7250. I suppose if you added enough fuel to drop the power output to stock levels(maybe about +20?), you could consider it as safe as stock.[/b]

With the speedwerx y pipe and bullseyes we found that +5 at all throttle settings from 5K on up was safe for 3000ft. We did at least 20+ passes at that distance. So far so good.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Ok, so I can see where D&D is coming from...by making the point that the M and X are so lean OEM that the F can go with all 0's with a Y and Bulls Eyes, but to be real world safe the +5 settings seem good...so I will stick with those unless D&D comes up with something more refined.

PS...Yeah, I like the 000000000 settings response too. :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have the SpeedWerx Y-Pipe + Airbox mod installed. Unfortunately, the lack of snow has kept me from riding yet. I am hoping to get the first ride in this weekend. Some of the posts on this site now have me worried that I should play it safe & install a Boondocker, even though it wasn't supposed to be required... just to be on the safe side & not take the chance of running too lean.

Is there a consensus on what the Boondocker settings are w/ only a Y-pipe & Airbox mod (Bullseyes, etc.)? I don't see one on D&D's site.

Also, at what point, if any, is higher than 87 octane required?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I have the SpeedWerx Y-Pipe + Airbox mod installed. Unfortunately, the lack of snow has kept me from riding yet. I am hoping to get the first ride in this weekend. Some of the posts on this site now have me worried that I should play it safe & install a Boondocker, even though it wasn't supposed to be required... just to be on the safe side & not take the chance of running too lean.

Is there a consensus on what the Boondocker settings are w/ only a Y-pipe & Airbox mod (Bullseyes, etc.)? I don't see one on D&D's site.

Also, at what point, if any, is higher than 87 octane required?[/b]
+5 for all settings to be super safe. Always run 93 Octane if you have ONE mod, never mind multiple mods...it runs cooler...it's not about more power b/c 87 Octane has more power.

·
Registered
495 Posts
So 93 Octane is required if anything is changed from stock? I figured that it would only be required if the compression ratio changed or the timing was advanced... may trail porting, or something like that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.