Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a d&d y pipe, speedworks pipe, and mbrp can. everything else stock (for now). 8" 4th wheel kit plus other billet suspension stuff from arctic. do i need a boondocker? or chould i get away with just using the fuel reducer from bikeman?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Get the Boondocker. Much more adjustablility across the whole rpm range. Have one on my '03 F7, the sled ripped before but now it has grown another set of legs.

·
Registered
503 Posts
With just the pipe and ypipe you could probably get by without the boondocker, but you will be much more safe and able to adjust. I have a similar setup with a few more mods, plus the injector perfector and had a burn down last weekend on the lake. Not good. Luckily just the pistons, cylinders fine. Just put the y-pipe on the sled late last season and never had a chance to do any hard long runs. Well it didn't take long. I was running a 290 main. Shut down at 105 MPH. I also discovered while tearing things down that the pipe had come loose on the can which didn't help things. Anyways, just be careful. I will not be running the y-pipe with my setup. Good luck. I will include pics of the pistons.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Start fat and work your way back a little at a time. Small adjustments in each level low in the rpms working your way up. Read the directions good and understand how the curves work. Here in the next day or so I will send you my numbers and current setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.