Hardcore Sledder banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
44,410 Posts
250 cad .going to pick this up monday or latest thursday.looks like its off a switchback assault. is this a 1.352 cobra ? View attachment 2121916
Looks like the cobra...good track for soft snow. Hardback the lugs tend to be torn more easily. I've seen them get pretty shredded on our trails down here when ridden in sparse conditions. Keep them on good and they do fine.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
score.it was as advertised.fully clipped, 3.52 x 144 cobra. brand new with the tag still on her from the polaris shop with msrp on it for 1050 plus tax.

got it for the canadian equivalent of 196 usd. the guy buys new old stock from all the dealers in bulk. guy had like 50 tracks in there still in the wrapper. what a steal. worth the hour drive.250 cad.zero mile cobra. just dirt from the barn. couldnt be happier.
AAcobra 4.jpg

Reactions: HandoEX

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
i dont know official weights, but this cobra feels alot lighter then my other tracks(rmk series 4)

·
Registered
G4 Freeride 137 850 & Pro RMK 163 800
188 Posts
score.it was as advertised.fully clipped, 3.52 x 144 cobra. brand new with the tag still on her from the polaris shop with msrp on it for 1050 plus tax.

got it for the canadian equivalent of 196 usd. the guy buys new old stock from all the dealers in bulk. guy had like 50 tracks in there still in the wrapper. what a steal. worth the hour drive.250 cad.zero mile cobra. just dirt from the barn. couldnt be happier. View attachment 2121975
Wow, you got a steal of a deal on that track! It’s not easy to find a well-used Cobra for that price.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Appears to just be another thinkless job. Live and learn.
nothing gets passed you lol. it was a dumb mistake. the title misleading somehow?

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Wow, you got a steal of a deal on that track! It’s not easy to find a well-used Cobra for that price.
super pleased brother.couldnt believe it. byes got all different lengths, types and brands. ill never buy another track from anyone else again.

wals and walls of skids , tracks , motor parts, ...when he said he scraps sleds i expected to see 5 or 6 carcasses out back , but this guy do not mess around lol ...i did not think he had what he had there.guy must make a fortune. been at it 30 years.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
ported...kept to the center this time. just did one behind each center lug which ended up being every 3rd row.good enough. going to regear 1.9 instead of 2.0 to 1 to account for the shorter lug height and lighter track overall. 90 mph at 8000 vs 85mph previous. should be decent. this tracks 7 lbs lighter vs the rmk track. keep that one for a spare if i tear the dragons or this one.one nice thing about having 2 144's.
AAcobra1.jpg
AAcobra2.jpg

·
Premium Member
20,504 Posts
Reminds me of that photo that pops up every so often where the guy has a a single row of studs straight down the center.
Really though, since you’re into this porting thing, I say commit, and go do every row.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Reminds me of that photo that pops up every so often where the guy has a a single row of studs straight down the center.
Really though, since you’re into this porting thing, I say commit, and go do every row.
just trying it out. my rmk track i got on my dragon came ported.seems to work great.

studs are for traction,so more is necessary to acheive that. more holes isnt necessarily better.atleast thats what i keep reading anyway. a few will do.just gives the air / snow a place to escape. i dont want to go ham on it altogether.

Reactions: too slow

·
Premium Member
20,504 Posts
I’ve never ported one or been around one much, but the ones I’ve seen had a hole every bar, or two holes per bar. I even seen them studded between the holes(!). That wouldn’t be brave enough to do.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I’ve never ported one or been around one much, but the ones I’ve seen had a hole every bar, or two holes per bar. I even seen them studded between the holes(!). That wouldn’t be brave enough to do.
yeah alot of guys do 2 holes every bar. my oem polaris track that i believe came factory ported is one in every bar.

·
Registered
204 Posts
yeah alot of guys do 2 holes every bar. my oem polaris track that i believe came factory ported is one in every bar.
Nice deal on the new track,
The could it last a lifetime or mile debate is always up in the air. Ive always gone with the, if I have to question it, I’m going to replace it at that time. You have a backup need be at this point and that’s always worth something

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Nice deal on the new track,
The could it last a lifetime or mile debate is always up in the air. Ive always gone with the, if I have to question it, I’m going to replace it at that time. You have a backup need be at this point and that’s always worth something
yep agreed.i always lean safety first.id rather replace it now in the summer at home then have it break back in the woods in wintertime.

besides, the lighter weight and less but adequate lug should net me a few mph i think, which is nice cause i got a friendly race to win against my old xc my good buddy now owns and beat me last year with lol.

friendly revenge.lol. its always fun to have some competition between buddies for lolz and bragging rights.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts