Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I bought a 93' 580Z EXT this year and I started it yesterday. I lifted the back up and when I would push the throttle down a little, it would bog. Then if I pushed the throttle past a certain point, it ran good. What do you guys think the problem is? Would changing the plugs help? Thanks in advince.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Are the plugs new? Does it bog with the track on the ground? It is odd for a sled to bog when there is no load on the system. It could be running way too rich, it could be clutch related and it could be ignition/spark related.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I put some new plugs in it today and it seemed to run better. You could only tell that there was a little bogging when I pushed the throttle, just to get it moving, but when I hammered it down, it was fine. Just to check if there is bushings in the throttle block, where would I look? I'm not too familiar with this sled yet.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Well, I put some new plugs in it today and it seemed to run better. You could only tell that there was a little bogging when I pushed the throttle, just to get it moving, but when I hammered it down, it was fine. Just to check if there is bushings in the throttle block, where would I look? I'm not too familiar with this sled yet.[/b]
If the bogging continues at engagement RPM's you will want to have the drive clutch serviced. The bushings in the fly weights probably should be changed and the spring should be replaced.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I used to have that exact same sled. Check your fuel lines if they are brittle they could be cracked, suck air at low idle but will fill the barrels at WOT. Stuck floats? Take the carbs off and check all your jets for dirt. Clean them good with carb cleaner or brake clean. Is your gas pick-up clean(inside your tank). Just a couple of issues I have ran across.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.