Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 01 ZR 600 carb cuts out sometimes, like it isn`t getting gas or something. last year going up hills, when you`re really on the gas just to make it up, the engine would just quit. but as soon as you let off on the throttle it would start up and keep going for another 10-15 feet and then do it again, the whole way up.
anyone ever had this happen before?

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Just a guess here. How is the jetting. Sounds like it might be lean. What does plug color and piston wash look like. I'm reaching without any more info provided.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Good way to check to see if it is lean is to blip the choke when it does it again. If it is lean it should quit doing it when you blip the choke. Later, Sxrlar.
What the hell kinda word is blip anyway? :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
It sound like my wifes 98 ZL 500 carb it would cut out or mis when it went over snow banks. We finally disconnected the carb sensors / kill switch and it never happened again. I took it to one place to get it fixed but they coun't find the problem ( I'll try a better dealer next time ). Now we just to shut it off by the key. Give it a try it won't cost you anything. Good Luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
sounds like a throttle safety switch. disconnect the harness and then try it. you won't have a kill switch...i disconnected mine on my 99 ZR600 efi and installed a teather.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, i did notice that it kind of 'cut out' while going over snowbanks, so maybe i`ll try unplugging my kill switch.
i don`t think its lean, since the the plugs are a dark brown. someone told me it bog if i am running to rich. i need to get on a lake and get it going, since i can only go like 30 around my house.
while i was looking in my owners manual, i noticed in the performance tips, that if your belt is riding low in the secondery clutch, it may bog some. so i took the clutch out took a washer off, so that the sheaves would close tighter, and now my belt is a about 1/16 above the edges. so far the majority of the boggyness i was feeling left, when i took that washer out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts