Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd give you guys that boat and JetSki in N.H. a heads up

if you don't take the online course by Sunday you'll have to take a 2 day classroom to get your license

there changing the law after this year, sundays the last day

This license is required whether you live in N.H. or not, so if you know someone out of state that boats in N.H. you should let them know

go here to take the course

http://www.boat-ed.com/nh/index.htm

G

·
I'm looking around their website...am I right that the certificate is not required to operate a motor craft in NH if you are over 16? This safety certi is not required to operate a boat?

G

·
answer sheet? from me. You guys want to pass the test right.

after reading more on the nh boat safety website it looks like you need the cert if you want to let someone under 16 operate your boat while you are on board. That makes a lot of sense?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm looking around their website...am I right that the certificate is not required to operate a motor craft in NH if you are over 16? This safety certi is not required to operate a boat?[/b]
You better read that site again. The only boat you can operate without the cert is one with under 25 hp. Doesn't specify if it is needed for sailboats. All "skicraft" require it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think it is a good idea that they do away with the online class. It is really a joke. Everyone I know who took it online does not know the laws, and end up getting tickets for breking the laws they dont know. When most people take the online test, they dont retain much of the knowlege and makes the certification pointless!!! When people keep braking the laws by stupidity, thats when the laws on the water become more strict. I ride mostly stand up style jet skis and the laws are harder on us as it is!!!!! If you can take the class it is worth the time and safety you will learn.... Fyi if you get pulled over for a violation and the officer sees on your cert. that you took the test online, you are more apt receive a ticket..... Ive seen it happen twice this summer and was told by an actual officer that they will ticket more online certificate holders!!!!

G

·
You better read that site again. The only boat you can operate without the cert is one with under 25 hp. Doesn't specify if it is needed for sailboats. All "skicraft" require it.[/b]
Ha! you are correct. I should reread the page...and I did. thanks

·
Registered
595 Posts
The online system was really flawed. There were people that would take the test for others for a fee.. The state realized that there was no way to ensure that the person registered as taking the test was in fact the person taking the test. :nono:

I boat more than most, I am glad that NH has stepped up its boater education. There are a lot of boneheads out on the water.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You need this license no matter how old you are, I asked a marine patrol this past summer what the fines were if you didn't have one and he said the 1st offense was $60 the 2nd was $300 and I think the 3rd you lost your drivers license for sometime

·
Registered
21 Posts
You need this license no matter how old you are, I asked a marine patrol this past summer what the fines were if you didn't have one and he said the 1st offense was $60 the 2nd was $300 and I think the 3rd you lost your drivers license for sometime[/b]
You must be over 16 to get a certificate.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I took the test last night, and my wife as well.......fun way to spend New Years Eve !

I havent recieved any email notification or anything did anyone else ?

I assumed since they asked for an email address they would have sent something
stating your payment was recieved.... or some sort of automated response.

Went through the test twice.....they really changed some of the questions around so you dont
get the same test twice, my wifes test was harder:) but we both passed.

Fun it was....Maybe there will be less Morons on the water this year !

JR

1 - 20 of 22 Posts