Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year when I put my F8 together with some oil in the cylinders the best I could get was 110 psi. Before I took it apart when it was a 700 it had 135psi. It still only has 110 after 800 miles. I have been doing service on quads, sleds, road biks, dirt bikes, boat motors, and anything else that runs on gas for 20 years and I have found that the only thing that have that low of compression is push mowers. This is a high performance engine and I dont buy this whats normal for a F8!! And also Can you see if the top side of the exhaust port or any other port has been ground out and or polished because mine still has the casting look to it???? I would like some honest feedback from people that know there shit.

Thanks

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
maybe your gauge went bad,all the ones I've put together for Erich have been 140-150psi if you really had 110psi my 10 year old son could pull it over,so I kind of doubt it's right,might want to check again!!!!also do you have the right length adapter on need one the same length as the spark plug threads!!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
maybe your gauge went bad,all the ones I've put together for Erich have been 140-150psi if you really had 110psi my 10 year old son could pull it over,so I kind of doubt it's right,might want to check again!!!!also do you have the right length adapter on need one the same length as the spark plug threads!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=880108
[/quote

the adaptor makes that much difference?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is a snap on gauge and I am sure it is in perfect condition. My drag banshee still has 170 PSI and my stocker still has 125. Come on people let me know what you got???

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
What was your compression before the big bore kit and how does it currently run compared to other F7's?

Sorry I just re-read the original that says you had 135PSI when stock. Anyway how does it run compared to when it was stock? Faster or slower?

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Anyone know what the exhuast port height should be on an F8????? Time to get the depth mic out

·
Premium Member
2,399 Posts
Originally posted by sabrecat700@Sep 17 2005, 09:32 PM
Last year when I put my F8 together with some oil in the cylinders the best I could get was 110 psi. Before I took it apart when it was a 700 it had 135psi. It still only has 110 after 800 miles. I have been doing service on quads, sleds, road biks, dirt bikes, boat motors, and anything else that runs on gas for 20 years and I have found that the only thing that have that low of compression is push mowers. This is a high performance engine and I dont buy this whats normal for a F8!!  And also Can you see if the top side of the exhaust port or any other port has been ground out and or polished because mine still has the casting look to it???? I would like some honest feedback from people that know there shit.

Thanks

:dunno:  :dunno:  :dunno:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=879647
[/quote]

Checked my F8 today with my craftsman guage and it read 140/145. My ZR800 ran 155/155 and my ZR600 ran 150/150. Sounds a little high but the sleds have been setting and may be a bit oily in the cylinders.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
Were you holding the throttle wide open when doing the test?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts