Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the dyno runs with the stock pipe and my BMP pipe mod. I brought along a set of our trail ported BMP F7 cylinders, our new F7 billet head. We removed Rod's stock F7 top end in exchange for the upgraded BMP parts. We then added a 2.5 degree timing key, and the same DD y pipe and BMP pipe mod that we just ran that made 151.2 hp on the stock cylinders. We installed our BMP adjustable pressure regulator too and increased the pressure 1.5 lbs.
I was very very happy with the results. It made over 160 horsepower and we were all smiles. We are talking F8 single pipe horsepower with a F7 single piped sled!!
Don't worry F8 owners, the F8 still has more grunt from the larger bore. I think with the DD y pipe we'd be talking 165 hp on our F8's.
Either way, for people looking to upgrade, our BMP Quiet Performer Kit is a very strong option at a reasonable price. We used our new BMP billet head, but you can send in your stock head for our head mod if you want the stock appearance.

Here is the list of parts and price:
BMP porting $250 per cylinder
BMP pump gas billet head $349
BMP pipe mod $179
DD Y pipe $89
BMP 2.5 degree timing key $18.99
BMP adjustable pressure regulator and gauge for fuel pump $149

Is it snowing yet??????????? :div20:

Will post the Dyno Sheet from Dynotech as soon as possible. Have a friend working on it now since I'm scanner stupid.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Those are some impressive numbers for an '04! 145 hp stock...that motor must have been built on a Monday and BLUEPRINTED!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Good results! Also, for your 05 secondary cluth upgrade what belt do you run? can you get it from a cat dealer?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
switch to the D&D monster single and then see what happens... :augen41:

:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Originally posted by cjt@Oct 17 2005, 09:33 PM
yeh,where is puddy and the other nay sayers,usually they have something negitive to add!! ASS
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936554
[/quote]

cjt

Thank you for asking for my comments. Congratulations to BMP for the big power on the dyno again. My only concern would be is if I ordered an F8 kit when I could have got more out of my F7?????

:doh:

ptm

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Erich has already explained that there is more torque on the F-8 and more power on the table D&D) y-pipe,besides you haven't seen my F-8 dyno sheet!!

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Erich, hows this sort of porting work at elevation? You have any like 95 octane high elevation domes for it too?

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by bluebear@Oct 17 2005, 10:08 PM
Erich, hows this sort of porting work at elevation?  You have any like 95 octane high elevation domes for it too?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936640
[/quote]

It does work very good at high altitude. We have high altitude domes for the billet head or we can do our high altitude head mod to the stock head.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Originally posted by bikeman@Oct 17 2005, 10:08 PM
I would like this post to be positive post, please keep things clean boys.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936639
[/quote]

Erich

Congratulations that is incedible numbers. If cjt would shut his mouth then no need for me to comment. Great job on the f7.

ptm

·
Registered
681 Posts
I would like to say thanks to Erich and Jim for a great day at the dyno. They are 2 great guys and really know what they are doin. Was very pleased with the results and cant wait til we get some snow so i can take it out for a run. Rod

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Originally posted by puddytatman@Oct 17 2005, 10:28 PM
Erich

Congratulations that is incedible numbers. If cjt would shut his mouth then no need for me to comment. Great job on the f7.

ptm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936694
[/quote]
I think we should take a poll ,I believe you have me out numbered on people who want YOU to keep YOUR mouth shut!! PS is your computer on fire yet?? looks like your getting it on both sides!! :luxhello: :luxhello: I have to say sorry to all other members for this ,but it needed to be said,I'm pretty sure they want us both to shut up!!

1 - 20 of 126 Posts