Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I made another trip to Dynotech so he could test our BMP pipe mod on a stock F7. We had very good results, the same as what I have scene on my dyno.
Jake Jenkins and his buddy Rod brought down a 04 F7 efi for me to use for the test. It was always a strong runner and we found the proof of that when it was dynoed. It had 145 hp stock. It was like it had one of the best 05 boxes on it. We added our BMP pipe mod and it made 150 hp. No other changes made. We then added a D&D y pipe and picked up another 1.5 to 2 hp

Here is a graph of the stock pipe and then our BMP pipe mod showing the additional 5 hp. I'll post the dyno sheets too.

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm doing something wrong with my scanner I guess. Going to run to a friends house to post the graphs and dynosheets since I'm scanner stupid. :doh:

·
Registered
899 Posts
:augen41: :augen41: :augen41: i cant wait for some snow so i can try my BMP pipe mod out with my D&D Y-pipe. :banana:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Did he have an 05 box or a remapped 04 box, j/w cuz i have a 04 f7efi and it doesn't run like it has 145 it's a dog.

·
Vendor
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by chevyfreak06@Oct 17 2005, 08:22 PM
Did he have an 05 box or a remapped 04 box, j/w cuz i have a 04 f7efi and it doesn't run like it has 145 it's a dog.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936293
[/quote]

It sure ran like it had a 05 box, but Rod says it stock still. But it sure does run like a 05 ecu, I agree. We all thought it was a 05 box when we saw 145. You can see how the pipe mod made more power from 5600 all the way up to peak power. The extra rpm will give you more top speed too.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Its an 04 box, never reprogramed. The sled was always so strong he never wanted to take the chance of getting it reprogramed. I spent a lot of time and money on my carbed F-7 when it was stock trying to keep up with him. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
How long do you think that engine would last if someone was to put a PAC on and start restricting fuel. 100lbs/hr stock with no lean down. :augen41:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Originally posted by chevyfreak06@Oct 17 2005, 09:22 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=936293
[/quote]

I never sent my ecu to get remapped, I was always happy with the way it ran so i never really thought about it....Now that i have seen the power it makes, it kinda explains why every F7 i had raced, i was always out in front...was never really sure why but just thought that i got a hot sled!

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
Originally posted by PLUMMER@Oct 18 2005, 12:25 PM
So then you just learned it wasn't your box making you all the power..............
Plummer, that would only be true if they tried a diff 04 box too - right?
i don't even have an efi, i just like learning - so please explain to me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Im wondering like plummer if it is just the box. Ive got a pig rich 04 , Ive tried an 03 box an 05 box and sent my 04 box in for remapping. it never ran any different.

I wonder if its a combination of good injectors, tps output, and box together that makes the good ones run better than the rest.

I am going to have mine dynoed this fall . It would be interesting to see if that box could produce the same numbers on my sled

hey erich or jim , you want to experiment?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Originally posted by jjkGURU@Oct 18 2005, 12:32 PM
Plummer, that would only be true if they tried a diff 04 box too - right? 
i don't even have an efi, i just like learning - so please explain to me if i'm wrong.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=937647
[/quote]

Right, we know the 05 boxes are leaner. Thats why we thought it was ironic that the 04 acted just like the 05 with no reprograming. Testing another 04 ecu would have told us if its the box or not.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts