Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of the exhaust gasket between the pipe and muffler. The BMP pipe mod has a larger diameter outlet so the stock will not work. I'm sure I can get it from Bikeman but I figure a dealer is easier. Anyone know if there is a cat part number or do I need to just measure and get it at an automotive parts store.
Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
maybe try a ZR 800/900 stinger gasket?

·
Registered
345 Posts
The correct donut for the pipe mod IS the ZR800 one. I have it on mine. Erich confirmed this to me last year.

:div20:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Originally posted by nightfireboy@Oct 11 2005, 12:24 PM
so i sent my pipe to get 'modded'.... my stock donut gasket wont work????
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922224
[/quote]

He has the F8 pipe mod so I am not sure if that makes any difference...can anyone confirm that a F7 pipe mod and F8 pipe mod stinger outlet diameter are the same?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Not sure about the diameter of the F7 pipe mod, but the F8 pipe mod is same diameter as ZR 800 outlet and the gasket should come with the pipe mod.

:beerchug:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by .:R@Oct 11 2005, 11:53 AM
He has the F8 pipe mod so I am not sure if that makes any difference...can anyone confirm that a F7 pipe mod and F8 pipe mod stinger outlet diameter are the same?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922272
[/quote]

The F8 pipe mod has a larger diameter stinger. BMP takes out the F7 stinger and replaces it with one they make so the gaskets are different.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Ziggy@Oct 11 2005, 02:09 PM
Not sure about the diameter of the F7 pipe mod, but the F8 pipe mod is same diameter as ZR 800 outlet and the gasket should come with the pipe mod.

:beerchug:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922522
[/quote]

The pipe mod from Bikeman does include a gasket but after a late night I forget it. I figure its not worth the freight from WI to get a new one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts