Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've planned a weekend trip to stay at one of chalet's in the Blue Mountain Village. Myself and two other buddies aren't planning on skiiing, we want to do some sledding so im wondering where to head? Can we leave and get on trail right by the mountain or do we need to drive somewhere. If you could give me specfic trail numbers that would help a ton. They're getting some snow up there tonight so im hoping it will be good for the weekend, heres to hoping

Regards,
Polaris440

·
Registered
251 Posts
It has been a couple of years since I rode right into Collingwood but at that time there was a trail running right along hwy 26 from town out to the resorts.
I think back then I stayed at the Georgian Manor and the trail was right there.

·
Registered
218 Posts
It has been a couple of years since I rode right into Collingwood but at that time there was a trail running right along hwy 26 from town out to the resorts.
I think back then I stayed at the Georgian Manor and the trail was right there.[/b]

Hey I work and live in collingwood, the trails are still closed! no snow yet today...they were calling for like 30cm but we have only got a dusting....when are you heading up here and where are you staying exactly, i will keep you posted on the conditions but it really doesnt look like they will be open next week unless we get all the snow that they are calling for.

·
Registered
256 Posts
So i've planned a weekend trip to stay at one of chalet's in the Blue Mountain Village. Myself and two other buddies aren't planning on skiiing, we want to do some sledding so im wondering where to head? Can we leave and get on trail right by the mountain or do we need to drive somewhere. If you could give me specfic trail numbers that would help a ton. They're getting some snow up there tonight so im hoping it will be good for the weekend, heres to hoping

Regards,
Polaris440[/b]
Good luck riding closed trails, trails up in that area I don't think have been open yet this year and by next week you'll be hard pressed to find any still. Save your money and head North, if you live in Barrie why would you rent in collingwood, isn't that only a 40 minute drive for you

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck riding closed trails, trails up in that area I don't think have been open yet this year and by next week you'll be hard pressed to find any still. Save your money and head North, if you live in Barrie why would you rent in collingwood, isn't that only a 40 minute drive for you[/b]
Good question, its just a promo thing through my school, weekend trip with a bunch of buddies, we just want to go riding for the day if possible but I dont know my way around up there, so if anyone knows where to lead me off that would be awesome

were staying right in Blue Mountain resort..hopefully we get some snow by the weekend

Cheers,
Polaris440

·
Registered
218 Posts
Good question, its just a promo thing through my school, weekend trip with a bunch of buddies, we just want to go riding for the day if possible but I dont know my way around up there, so if anyone knows where to lead me off that would be awesome

were staying right in Blue Mountain resort..hopefully we get some snow by the weekend

Cheers,
Polaris440[/b]

Well i will let you know if its worth bringing your sled up with you as the weekend gets close, but my bet is that they wont be open by then

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
This is a little further east but buddy of mine in Moonstone area is stuck in his driveway....the snow is past his wheel wells on his subbie.

This snowsquall stuff is dumping lots of snow in certain areas... might look good for you.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a little further east but buddy of mine in Moonstone area is stuck in his driveway....the snow is past his wheel wells on his subbie.

This snowsquall stuff is dumping lots of snow in certain areas... might look good for you.[/b]
really? thats unreal ill try to find out some more information about that... I just stumbled upon this .... what does it look like in these areas right now Warning. I go to school in St. Catharines so this is kind of a guessing game for me.

Appreciate the help

Polaris440

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Eh bud, don't listen to that one guy. The trails have been open for a month up there. Im only 15 min's from cwood. If you wanna ride this weekend i'll show you around Pm me back if so. Taker easy Kyle.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eh bud, don't listen to that one guy. The trails have been open for a month up there. Im only 15 min's from cwood. If you wanna ride this weekend i'll show you around Pm me back if so. Taker easy Kyle.[/b]
How much snow is in Collingwood right now? and is it still snowing there?

Thanks

Polaris440

·
Registered
218 Posts
How much snow is in Collingwood right now? and is it still snowing there?

Thanks

Polaris440[/b]

Still snowing, we got about 1 foot of powder in wasaga. Yes th trails WERE open in the past month but closed with the warm weather I went past the trails tonight in wasaga and no sign of the groomer

·
Registered
256 Posts
Still snowing, we got about 1 foot of powder in wasaga. Yes th trails WERE open in the past month but closed with the warm weather I went past the trails tonight in wasaga and no sign of the groomer[/b]
If you were referring to me by saying that the trails weren't opened, if I recall nothing in Collingwood to Owen Sound has been opened this year yet , now I could be mistaken but I'm only going by what the ofsc states. I know wasaga beach had trails opened but locals would know better. If they are opened this weekend then great but the riding is going to be tough since there's no base and all power. We need a little warm up to compress the snow a bit. in 2 weeks the trails should be awesome. Have fun this weekend where every you ride, and take some pictures

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks like the weather should be good up there, does any one know a good place to drop or even a spot that we can ride to right out of the resort to jump on trail?

Need Help!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well I spoke with someone from the Klondyke club out of Markdale in District 9 and they said that they are hoping to have the groomers out this week. As mentioned above, hopefully the temp does warm a bit to melt this powder to create a better base.

All in all though, if you head south west of colling wood then you might have a good chance of getting some trails in.

I know you can drop at Markdale tractor if you give them a call (again if the trails are open).

Hope this helps and have a fun ride if you get one in

·
Registered
306 Posts
If the road is covered with snow take it up the mountain out by the tube ride. When you get to the top of the hill go to the south (left) and the trail crosses the concession rd out a few miles. Go loft on the trail and you go down to Singhamton, which will hook you up with the trails into Wasaga.... The riding up the top of the mountain is much better than down below. Don't get lost, the roads up there all look the same... Good luck.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If the road is covered with snow take it up the mountain out by the tube ride. When you get to the top of the hill go to the south (left) and the trail crosses the concession rd out a few miles. Go loft on the trail and you go down to Singhamton, which will hook you up with the trails into Wasaga.... The riding up the top of the mountain is much better than down below. Don't get lost, the roads up there all look the same... Good luck.[/b]
Awesome thats exactly what I was looking for, how are the snow conditions up there now? If the roads arent snow covered is there an alternative to where we can go? or is that the only option

Also I've heard if you park at the goodyear hose plant that you can link up out there on trail is this true?

thanks for all your help, much appreciated

Polaris440

1 - 20 of 31 Posts